Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a new Accord touring addition with the 2.0 turbo VTECH.
Did Honda fix their high oil consumption issues ? Wife has 2008 accord now that has used 1 quart of oil every 1500 miles since it was new. Honda wouldn't fix it unless it was over 1 quart per 1000 miles. Its been a good car other then that.

Any other issues with the new accords ? Thanks for the help !!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I work in a major Honda dealership doing the details. I know. I work next to three techs and I've never heard them say this is an issue with the new cars

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is good to hear. Car has been great other then that. And damn those things hold their value !!!

·
Color Me Gone'd
3,403 Posts
Threw a small cocktail of bardahl & motorkote in the ole lady's Accord & it stopped using oil.....its all over the inner-websz.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think the K series engines are prone to piston rock and oil consumption. Our 05 Element sure has been a good one. 188k miles and counting but, nearly every gas station visit, someone offers to buy it.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
The oil consumption problem is from the shit oil (0w) they run.. Put in 5w30 and you wont have a problem.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 qt in 1000 .. Seems to be the standard of which manufacturers set the bar. Toyota used 1 qt in 1100-1300 miles on their consumption tests

Yeah I found that seems to be normal standard alot of manufacturers use although I have never had a car use that much oil. I have tried the oil treatments and 5W30 and 10W30. Still the same. Car has done it since new and now has 185000 miles and its still the same. If my race car used that much oil I would be tearing into it to see what the hell was wrong.

·
Bad Muther Fucka
842 Posts
Looking at buying a new Accord touring addition with the 2.0 turbo VTECH.
Did Honda fix their high oil consumption issues ? Wife has 2008 accord now that has used 1 quart of oil every 1500 miles since it was new. Honda wouldn't fix it unless it was over 1 quart per 1000 miles. Its been a good car other then that.

Any other issues with the new accords.

The latest 2.4 would still use oil not Sure about the new 1.5 or 2.0 Just picked the old lady up a 2019 Civic with the 1.5t. The 2017 Accord we traded with the 2.4 used 1.5 every 5 k

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yeah I found that seems to be normal standard alot of manufacturers use although I have never had a car use that much oil. I have tried the oil treatments and 5W30 and 10W30. Still the same. Car has done it since new and now has 185000 miles and its still the same. If my race car used that much oil I would be tearing into it to see what the hell was wrong.
How many passed would it take to use Just 1 quart

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Low tension rings, skirtless pistons, cylinder deactivation, and direct injection. All great for fuel mileage, not so great for oil consumption. It's all the manufacturers now, some are worse than others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts