Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 12 gal jaz cell with a -12 bulkhead fitting that will not tighten up to stop a leak. I'm using a teflon washer on the outside of it but it still leaks constantly. thanks for any help or ideas.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same fuel cell. Mine leaked last season. Replaced the plastic washers. Be careful not to over tighten or the plastic washer will crack and leak.

·
T/S 368E
26,371 Posts

I had that issue and I honed out 2 big fender washers to fit and 2 new teflon washers and it stopped perfectly.
I was worried about using a sealer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I ordered some new washer stuff from summit. I like the washer idea, the threads themselves are big I hope there is enough room to fit inside. I'll post up the results next week. Merry Christmas!

·
T/S 368E
26,371 Posts

I'm home injured and can't run to the shop right now.
I did it over 20-25 years ago, so I really don't remember how much trouble the inner fender washer was??
I do remember trying just one and it still seeped a little and went to both and it's perfect.

IIRC, it was partly my fault, I over drilled the hole, and the bulk head fit in, instead of being tight and being screwed in.
A smaller hole would probably seal better when you actually have to screw in the fitting.

Hey, it was my 1st cell, I learned the hard way, "as usual".

Good luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update!

I got a set of Earl's Plumbing Dow ty-Seals #178117ERL installed and dropped 5 gallons in the cell and not a drop so far. Been 2 hrs, keeping fingers crossed and plan on dropping in another 5 gallons tomorrow evening to add weight & volume to the mix. Can't thank everyone enough who chimmed in to help me fix this. No more gas fumes!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The earls plumbing washers did the trick. There is a small intergrated rubber seal in the steel washer. Job done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts