Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WANT TO TAKE MY TRUCK AND HAVE IT CHECKED FOR HEAD GASKETS ISSUE.I TOWED MY CAR HOME FROM FL AND I HAD TO FILL UP THE OVER FLOW EVERY COUPLE HOURS. IVE BEEN LOOSING WATER, OR COOLENT.I USED ABOUT 6 GALLONS OF WATER TO GET 900 MILES.IT KEPT WANTING TO OVER BOOST AND EGR TEMPS WERE PRETTY HIGH WHEN BOOSTING.HAS COOLENT ALL OVER INSIDE ENGINE COMPARTMENT, JUST DOESNT LOOK LIKE WHAT I ADDED. I DONT KNOW WHERE IT ALL WENT. IM JUST GLAD I MADE IT HOME. ANY SHOPS YOU CAN RECOMMEND. IM IN JACKSON TN

·
Registered
407 Posts
Check it yourself. The EGR cooler is a common problem. After you fix that, trade the piece of shit in. International fucked up with the 6.0 and now Ford makes their own diesel. Do yourself a favor and buy a Duramax!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
tell tale sign of egr cooler leaking is turn it off with the truck faced downhill. let it sit and start it up and see if it smokes excessively. overboosting sounds like the variable vanes in the turbo are sticking.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
There was some bad tanks as well.. The 6.0 isnt a POS like some claim and I sure as hell wouldnt get a Duramax..

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Could it be that instead of it using coolant, it is actually pushing the coolant out of the overflow? Have seen the oil coolers plug up & cause the coolant to get too hot & it blows out the overflow. Would have to compare oil temp pid to coolant temp. pid to verify this. Like previously stated, if the egr sys. was going bad it normally will smoke like a freight train.

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Haul it to Buford GA, like we did & get it fixed for good. A fine YB member put me on to 'em when we had a 6.0 & a 6.4 both broke at the same time. We so,d the 6.0 & took the 6.4 to Bill at Powerstroke Specialties. It gets 23mpg on cruise (4wd F350) & will pull a building down. Just Google the name. You'll be glad you did!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Check it yourself. The EGR cooler is a common problem. After you fix that, trade the piece of shit in. International fucked up with the 6.0 and now Ford makes their own diesel. Do yourself a favor and buy a Duramax!
international dont make the 6.o , navistar does

·
Registered
818 Posts
I had the same puking issue. I had the head gaskets changed and put head studs in. Problem solved..

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I WANT TO TAKE MY TRUCK AND HAVE IT CHECKED FOR HEAD GASKETS ISSUE.I TOWED MY CAR HOME FROM FL AND I HAD TO FILL UP THE OVER FLOW EVERY COUPLE HOURS. IVE BEEN LOOSING WATER, OR COOLENT.I USED ABOUT 6 GALLONS OF WATER TO GET 900 MILES.IT KEPT WANTING TO OVER BOOST AND EGR TEMPS WERE PRETTY HIGH WHEN BOOSTING.HAS COOLENT ALL OVER INSIDE ENGINE COMPARTMENT, JUST DOESNT LOOK LIKE WHAT I ADDED. I DONT KNOW WHERE IT ALL WENT. IM JUST GLAD I MADE IT HOME. ANY SHOPS YOU CAN RECOMMEND. IM IN JACKSON TN

One of ours did the same thing towing back from Nevada with a trailer well within weight limits. The truck was stone stock at the time and had just been taken to a dealer for a complete inspection prior to making the trip to Vegas. Dealer said the truck was in perfect shape.

Long story short, turbo needed to be replaced, EGR Cooler was gone. Truck had 100,486 miles on it when it finally got back to Dallas. Dealer said...sorry out of warranty. Even though it had been given a clean bill of health 2 weeks and a couple thousand miles earlier. By the way, they also missed the fact that the rear brakes were just about gone, which I had to have replaced in Nevada before I could return. And yes, the trailer had perfectly functioning brakes.

Not saying all Ford Dealerships would do this, but 3 here did. As far as the consideration for warranty goes.

Take it to a diesel performance shop, forget the dealer. Have the EGR cooler deleted, and have a new oil cooler installed. They can also check to see if it needs head gaskets. If it does, put the ARP studs in and be done with 90% of your 6.0 problems.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
I have been told the A1 studs are better than ARP

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
international dont make the 6.o , navistar does
oh ok thats why i have an international sticker on my valve covers. navistar is a "sub company" of international for lack of a better word. FordSux:

·
Registered
680 Posts
ceder city diesal .lebanon tn 615 444 3502 best guys in the world to deal with or call beans performance in wood berry

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanx guys. i checked coolant today and its fine. it only leaks when i tow with it.. i know there are alot of haters, but i love my truck .when it running good,i was passing other trucks with trailers going up hill.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts