Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to understand why some communities have so much tolerance for criminals/felons. It's almost like they see so much of it, that it's a normal part of life. Thinking about my siblings and cousins, a total of 22 people, there are no felons. 2 have died early deaths due to drug usage, but they weren't criminals. Other than that, just a bunch of square family oriented people working towards retirement. My wife's siblings and cousins total 1/2 as many. All square. Are we a bunch of weirdos, or is this typical of a normal middle class existence? Any sibling or cousin felons in your family?

·
Registered
17,638 Posts
Half brother, he has spent about 15 years in different states prisons. He is not a nice person and I have instructed my mother never mention his name to me for various reason. 1 cousin that died of a drug overdose. I don't have a very big family on my father side anymore, we die young. I don't know very many on my mothers side although the one I thought would turn out to be a harden criminal turned out to be very religious.

Reactions: RonSmith

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
I sure hate to admit this but, I screwed up in my younger years back in 94 and had it since vacated/sealed and I had to work to get my voting rights back as well to. I am ashamed of what I done and I paid the price for being stupid.I guess I a still considered a felon cause I am fighting to have my rights to own a firearm and had to hire a attorney so just a wait game now.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
G'day all, My brother was heading down a dark path but he saw the light before it was too late. Other than that my extensive family has been pretty straight laced salt of the earth types. I did have a couple of uncles in law that drank themselves to death young but never any dui or dwi activity.

Now me, I make up for all of them. I have had a speeding ticket that I beat in court. I am not saying we were brought up strict but my mother is a Methodist minister. I didn't have my first alcohol until college. Good thing as the unknown food allergy to it almost killed me.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
G'day again, I guess I didn't mention that my brother was shot by his best friend at 14 which is what started him down that path.

I didn't get my chest wound until I was twenty. I have a scar on my chest and a matching one on my back. It was accidental. I got my Shinlgex shot this week by our pharmacist and we had to pull my shirt to get to the top of the shoulder. I was shy and she laughed and said she had seen everything by now. She was shocked when she saw the scar on the front.

·
T/S 368E
30,186 Posts

What about ones we know committed felonies, but were never caught/prosecuted??

Reactions: carnutbill67

·
Registered
9,083 Posts
Not a one. Hell, I can't even think of a family member getting so much as a DUI. Most of the family going back generations have been fine, upstanding citizens. The rest of us were smart enough to not get caught.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts