Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still looking at new trailers and a couple of my local-ish dealers are recommending these brands. Just wondering if anyone has good or bad about either? Thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have never used or pulled a Bravo but did have a chance to look at a '28 the dealer had the other day. Looked to be well built and the fit and finish were perfect. They seem to be somewhat in line price wise with the rest of competition.

·
Banned
322 Posts
the best steel trailer doesn't compare to an aluminum trailer, it will be rusting and rotting in 5 years. Do yourself a favor and buy an affordable aluminum trailer Intech or ATC.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JAFO I would love an aluminum trailer. BUT to get it to Canada I have to add exchange and tax. That's almost a 50% addition to what you will pay. My last steel was 15 years old and still solid. I undercoat them when they are new and have had good luck. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
JAFO I would love an aluminum trailer. BUT to get it to Canada I have to add exchange and tax. That's almost a 50% addition to what you will pay. My last steel was 15 years old and still solid. I undercoat them when they are new and have had good luck. Thanks
Do you have a Wells Cargo Dealer near you ? The Road Force, Wagon HD and Motortrac models come with Armorcoat sprayed on the frame as it makes its way down the assembly line. I do not know how it holds up to road salt as I am in Texas. It appears to be a decent coating, to me it looks like Rhino liner or at least similar

·
Banned
322 Posts
wells cargo is haulmark. Coating a steel frame doesn't make it a rust and rot free aluminum frame and just adds more weight to an already heavy cheaply made steel and wood box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is Your CrossTrailer Frame Rusting? Mine is and within a very short timeframe of the purchase.

A 1-year coatings warranty doesn’t represent a quality trailer. If you purchase a Cross Trailer, be sure to understand the very limited warranty and ask for repairs on your coatings and paint before the 1-year mark. Their warranty is non-transferrable to another owner and their documentation states Warranty approval or denial is at Cross’s discretion.

Since the limited warranty on coatings is 1-year, they know that nearly any finish will likely hold up for 12 months leaving their customers with rusty frames that introduce costly repairs, additional service, and potential future safety issues. Cross claims quality, yet their limited warranty and poor coatings performance proves otherwise in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By frame rusting do you mean where the coating has been chipped or rubbed off? The warranty is 5 year structural .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts