Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
serious question ... you think we will race in 2020 ? and if so when
this is obviously bigger than drag racing thats going on and to me drag racing is wishful thinking right now

what is your guys take

our season in north east is done end of October at our local track some other tracks in warmer weather states have best chances possibly

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I think by May most things will be back to normal & we will be racing in most places.

·
T/S 368E
27,801 Posts

I'm thinking they get some racing in, but the points championship is probably over.
I know our little track needs the big events to make money,
so the points days will need to be used for the big shows so our old girl doesn't fail.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Got hotel reservations for the NMCA race at St. Louis race last weekend of May. I figure it is on/y 50% chance that race will happen.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Our local track was nearly washed out last year due to the Missouri river flooding.

This year it's the pandemic.

I hope they can keep operating but two years with greatly reduced revenue is tough for any business.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Motor Mile in VA just cancelled their complete season for drag strip and circle track. Bristol only has 4 weekends this year and what's the chances they will lose one with circle track postponing spring race.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I think I need to tear my car apart. If I do that, racing is bound to happen. Been ready the last year and this year at the beginning. Aaaannnndd won't matter it looks like. Last year it rained here every race weekend for month and a half at the beginning.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
I can imagine this overreacted deal will kill a lot of tracks. Once they shut it is a lot harder to get them reopened. I hope it isn't dragged out for much longer but these crazy "predictions" that it's increasing rapidly make me think they want it to go on well into the summer.

·
T/S 368E
27,801 Posts
i think when things get back to normal everyone needs to get out and support the local tracks
dragway or circle track

Race if you got a car or go spectate and put some money there

I posted on a local car forum that if they do open, we need to buy out the tracks merchandise,
and try to attend what ever event they put on.
Even if it's something you don't actually like.
That way they know we will be back if they don't go out of business.

They also had a horrible season last year with all the rain & flooding, 2 years in a row is tough no matter how wealthy the owner is, will be tough on any track/business.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Right now NHRA D2 has a points race scheduled for the middle of may in Atlanta. Then June 5 is the southern nationals sportsman national event at Gainesville June 5-7. I am entered in the National and plan to attend the divisional if all goes well. My bet is the divisional will get rescheduled 50/50 on the national

·
T/S 368E
27,801 Posts

Not the world, just their old people, and our economy.
It's not killing enough young people to be an actual attack.
everyone knows what china needs more than anything is our land!!!
We have oil & great dirt, they are tired of eating rice for 1000's of years, they want some good old American oranges, corn & soybeans!!!

I still say you can bet your ass china is desperately working on a virus right this second that only kills Caucasians!!!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts