Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
OK Here is what I remember and spelling of names WILL be off a bit.

Outlaw ProStreet, 7 cars total. Ralph Andricchi was #1 Qualifier with a 6.55 pass, John Stanley was second with a 6.65 I think. In the finals John left first and held on with a 6.60 to Ralph's 6.61

S/S had 13 cars for a 8 car field. Sandra Grella was #1 with a 7.3?, Fast Eddie Timal #2 with a 40?? not sure. Kevin Parent was #3 with a 7.67 I think. Finals was Sandra leaving Kevin for the get go. She ran a 7.37 to Kevin's 7.61

E/Z had 16 cars for the 8 car field. Mark Martino 7.91 N/A, John Cerinci 7.96 Bill Trovoto with a 8.06(??). Travoto did run a 7.96(??). Finals was Mark beating John with a 7.9 to a 7.96 from the 2 N/A cars.

Wild street was Rocco Cerrillo beating Joe Wild in the finals 8.60 to a 8.8?

All motor street only had 3 cars with lucinano Vitalli #1 and winner with a 7.29. Scott willians was 3rd.

Plate Nitrous street had 9 cars start, 4 raced with Steve Baldwin winning with a 9.04 over Rich Mason's 9.07

Outlaw Drag Radial was Eric Kenward 8.5 over Jim Powski in the finals

That's about all I remember. John

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Thanks for the result, John. Sounds like a pretty good turn out and event. Sorry we couldn;t make it out there this weekend. Im sure we missed a great event..

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Monty, it was a GREAT EVENT. There was some rain that came in late Saturday, like 8:30 pm and finished the night. Also early Sunday morning before 11:00 am but then it was nice. I think the cars count was a little down from last year but that could be because of the weather. Like in my overview of the heads-up classes, there were a couple that were soft in the car count area. Same with some of the index's. The Nestalgia stuff drew a huge following of cars, like 25 or 30 for there bracket race.

BUT ON A DIFERENT NOTE:

Since I didn't get that email from Monty till I got home Saturday night to know any better, I could have SWORN Monty had the "Bullet" there :shock: . There was a yellow with black stripes, 1970 1/2 Z28 there with weld stars. But from 200 feet away, looked like Monty's car that is posted in front of the house. PLUS it's the first time I have ever seen a gen. 2 Camaro with that paint scheme other than Monty's. 8)

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Sorry about the delay in that e-mail, John. Maria didn't know till early Saturday that she wouldn't be able to make it. :( Chris and Trish always put on a great show no matter what the turn out is. Last year it was an awesome show and I would think this one was even better.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
It started out REALLY strong on Friday, but I do think the weather had a HUGE part in this years event. The heat and humidity on Saturday and the "Gale force" rains that followed might have kept some at home. Was a good time thats for sure but I did miss seeing some of the US racers. No Monson, Baio, Chuck L and his team, The Falcon from NPS, though maybe Golobo, Butch Kemp, James Gorski, even Mark Walter's but there's a reason for them. EVERY American that has ever been at the event over the years loved it. Hell even Mustang Mike lats year, maybe not his crew, but Mike like it too. Even some of the OSCA regulars couldn't or didn't show and that's why the car turn out in some classes were lighter than there should have been, like All Motor Street. OSCA is getting about 8 a race now, but only 2 from there showed up, plus Scott Williams for a total of 3 cars. Same with the 8.5 index. Was changed for a reason, but car turnout was light. Most classes had a good show. 9 Outlaw cars, but 2 didn't run in the show, just TT or Lic. or something. But S/S, EZ, Wild Street, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0 were full fields. So really only Plate Nitrous, All Motor, and 13.0 were light. That's not too bad compared to the others, NSCA and Pro. Outlaw Drag Radial I think had 7 cars for the 8 car field. The DR stuff up hear isn't all the big therefore the ODR had really no one to hang with these guys, YET. 8)

·
Registered
744 Posts
When I went through tech Saturday morning there were 8 cars including me registered and teched for the all-motor-street class. I don't know what happened to the other 5 cars. Maybe they got washed away during one of the storms :shock: or they were just stuck in the mud by Flipper! :-D

Jim, I got a power washer for cleaning out the inside of your trailer if needed!! :roll: :-D

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
Just finished, Only took 7 hours to wash the mud out and off my tow rig, golf cart and moe ped. So much for my shoes!!!! Still have some flies. :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Flipper, did you "declaire" all that mud and the flies that you imported to the US when you went back over the border. I will call you about the Nova suspension later this year. Thanks for the info on Sunday morning, John Clawsie 8)

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
ha John did you watch the same race I did MOST of the classes where light and it was only a 8 car field, wild street had 5 or 6 at best and the all motor class for the osca only had 4 car's at the first event I know there are car's out there why won't they support a great event dosn't make sence to me, guess people are just afraid to race these day's :smt013

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Zeke,
- Outlaw had 7 out of 8 plus Jeff Sneer and Rick's Vette!
- S/S had full field of 8 plus 5 didn't make it!
- Same with EZ 15 cars were counted by myself, "Splash" and Bill Trovato
- Wild was 7 when Ken Green from PLate Nitrous bumped over
- All motor, I think it might die, only 3 Cars of 8 Tech from what Scott posted
- Plate Nitrous started with 8, only 4 ran, both FORDS broke, Camaro was "booted" Purple Nova broke valve springs.
- ODR had 6 of 8.
- 8.50 ran 6 cars, Team Williams didn't show with both cars, Last years winner would not run, but was in pits.
- 10.0, 11.00, 12.0 are all run and had a good turn out, BUT 13.0 was light, like 6 cars.
- Nostalgia had good following with 12 MOPAR cars alone.

That's the way I remember it. Spent most of my time in the pit of John's Hemi Cuda. Watched all day Sunday. Those from the classes I spoke to made light of who's in the class for those I forgot. That's how I know the # in most classes. Tony Sloot is a good buddy of mine, so watched him race in 12.0 a lot. Another guy was in 13.0 first time out and he went 2 rounds before losing. Just remember what I saw. John 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts