Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
We are finishing one up right now for a customer from WV. Built motor,Hellion turbo kit,6 speed,twin disk,fuel system and a few other upgrades. Probably have it on the dyno by the end of the week. I will let you know some power numbers when done. What exactly is it that you want to know anyway?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Built in what sense of the word? I know Brandon Alsept is on here and has gone 9s numerous times with his NA 2v pure street car with a little weight out

·
Registered
471 Posts
Lightning street truck here. Whipple 2.3, 100 shot. JDM built 2V motor utilizing an original(sleeved) GT block. Gone 9.93 on a street setup to date. Looking to go 9.2s with added boost/spray and some weight out of it.

I drive it to the tracks I run. All are a hundred miles away or further. It will always stay streetable.

Jim

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Before I switched to X275, I had a 2v with a Vortech YSI and BS3 and a glide....went 9.2's with it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are finishing one up right now for a customer from WV. Built motor,Hellion turbo kit,6 speed,twin disk,fuel system and a few other upgrades. Probably have it on the dyno by the end of the week. I will let you know some power numbers when done. What exactly is it that you want to know anyway?

just curious how fast people have been and how much power i can reasonably get in a streetable setup. whether its worth focusing on or whether i should keep my racecar and finish it?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Right anbove 850HP and 1000Tq to the wheels on a setup real similar to mine was dyno'd recently. Same heads/cams/exhaust. I run a touch more boost, a bit more compression, and a shot 50HP bigger on mine. We both have been low 9.9s. But my run was street heavy on street pullies on a shakedown run. It's got a lot more.

Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
2V with a Borg Warner s480 and c4,BS3
It's been 9.80,unfortunately I don't have much time
to play with it
Maybe next year I get to lean on it little harder

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I have a good friend with a Proline built 2V in his '01 GT. Its not set up for drag racing but it makes almost 800 RWHP on pump gas with a 76mm turbo. Bad motherfucker on the highway for sure.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I dont see why not. Ditch the stick for an auto and your still over 700 to the tires. Put it in a light weight FOX and that should get your there. I'm not sure what your budget is but I know my buddy has got a good chunk of change in his. I was impressed though. The car is an absolute beast. Quiet as a mouse and drives like a bone stock car. I dont want to swear by it but I really think that motherfucker passed emissions too. I didnt dig em' at first but i'm warming up to them. Both Fords mod motors and GM's LS motors are impressive engines. I think you could get to your streetable 5.90 goal cheaper with a LS motor honestly.

·
Registered
846 Posts
just curious how fast people have been and how much power i can reasonably get in a streetable setup. whether its worth focusing on or whether i should keep my racecar and finish it?
I see other people have gave you some input so hope it helps. The build I was telling you about is a street car. Not a street-able race car. In my opinion, 700 is about all i would do on pump gas without meth. Good luck.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see other people have gave you some input so hope it helps. The build I was telling you about is a street car. Not a street-able race car. In my opinion, 700 is about all i would do on pump gas without meth. Good luck.
i would be pretty happy with 700... this would be a cruiser car that i can take to the track. dunno yet what to do... so any opinions are wilcome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts