Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I would buy one in the south so it makes money all year.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Stuttgart, Carlisle, and Little Rock were all drag strips in Arkansas, but shut down. Stuttgart is one of two historic strips in the state along with George rays

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
Talk to the owner of Darlington dragway SC, it's not abandoned, but he mentioned he was looking to retire last time I was there.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Talk to the owner of Darlington dragway SC, it's not abandoned, but he mentioned he was looking to retire last time I was there.
I believe it changed hands last year.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
it is currently being operated by a friend of mine and has a lease for now but may be interested in a partner.the racing has been good there. good car count but low on spectators.great track,can run both 1/8 and 1/4 mile.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
a friend of a local invester is looking for some what of an old track forsale thanks for any help
I heard Dunn-Benson is for sale?? Right off I-95 central NC. Now as far as abondon drag strips, the old Holly Ridge dragstrip which has been shut down since the early 1970's I heard was for sale. I was there about a year ago, as its sort of local to me. Not much left to say the least, the owners grandson had a make shift kart track running there, I took my little guy up there to run his Bullet. I think I may have a few pics saved. If you want me to post, just hollar.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Outer Banks Speedway in Creswell, NC. Very nice track and not run down, all concrete with all the goodies!! You could get it at a very low price, owner lost intrest and soesnt want it. $450,000 takes it, not even 10 year old yet, might even could get it for an even 4!!! Wish I had the money, I would get it. If interested give me a call and i can give u owners #. 252-333-0919

·
Registered
321 Posts
Outer Banks Speedway in Creswell, NC. Very nice track and not run down, all concrete with all the goodies!! You could get it at a very low price, owner lost intrest and soesnt want it. $450,000 takes it, not even 10 year old yet, might even could get it for an even 4!!! Wish I had the money, I would get it. If interested give me a call and i can give u owners #. 252-333-0919

Also no curfew. I put together races their 3-4is times a year and a couple of others do also
The crowds are pretty big for no more than the track is open. Everyone knows that the track is bad ass.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Aquasco, but MIR is 20 mi south so I doubt you'd make any money. Pittsburgh Int'l is still around/abandoned as is pocono drag lodge and vargo dragway. Island has been mentioned.. how about the track (lakeland?) that was in 2 lane?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.