Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on the bpa site and seen there hiring..figred i would see if any yb members where bpa's..looks like a interesting job and i'm thinking about applying.

Is it a pretty neat job and does it keep you active..i seen they say you work 10-16 hours a day and have rotating shifts..

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I applied here in St. Louis right after 9/11.

I was told that I was in the top 5% in scoring, however, the positions had been filled with retired military people.

How's that for some shit.

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
I applied here in St. Louis right after 9/11.

I was told that I was in the top 5% in scoring, however, the positions had been filled with retired military people.

How's that for some shit.
Thought about it too....except that politics has injected itself into management elements of this job......

When they prosecute Border Patrol agents and give career drug smugglers free rides it's hard to tell which way is up?

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn wj thats some shit..are you ex military?

if so that even more crazy..i can sort of see them wanting military or ex to fill the job..

odd thought seeing on the site it say you will spend most of your time in the south west at first and then you can change..you also got to learn spanish if you dont know it.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I just recently went to a seminar they had in Dearborn Mi, they are hiring right now and the money is pretty good, but the only catch is you have to do 2 years on the southwest border.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its like 36k,42k or 45k a year to start depending if you start out as a e5,6 or 7 i think it was.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds like I need to look into this for when I retire next year. I'm so use to BS and living in a desert environment. Is there an age limit??? My other option is to get on with TACOM in Warren but, I told myself I would never go back to Michigan after Retirement. I grew up just north of Flint. Hey, if the job is fun and has benefits I will go anywhere.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well the age takes me out of the running. I wonder if they exception to policies on the age/time spent on active duty. Whats the web site?? Hell I will just google.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
damn wj thats some shit..are you ex military?

if so that even more crazy..i can sort of see them wanting military or ex to fill the job..

odd thought seeing on the site it say you will spend most of your time in the south west at first and then you can change..you also got to learn spanish if you dont know it.
Newp, life long civilian. Couldn't take my parents telling me what to do. I'm quite certain a military life wouldn't fit my personality.

I did, however, feel the need to contribute to the country...but was turned away, even after testing very high.

I quit my job in 2001 before 9/11 to help my mother recover from single hip replacement, followed by double knee replacements. At the time I was the National Purchasing Manager for a fortune 500 company with offices in every state in the nation.

I started looking for a new job in late August. Well, we all know what happened on 9/11, and I wanted to step up and help.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well WJ I hope your mother is doing good. It's to bad that you met the standard for the test but, they decided to take prior service over you. I think that's wrong but, who the hell am I. Sure loyalty, duty to country, and all that but, there are a lot of people out there that can do a part. Just as good as myself who is going to be retired in the near future.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^yep

its crazy how the gov will turn down perfuctly willing and able people at times and put in dumbass's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts