Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last saturday, Oct.12th my parked truck was hit by a drunk driver about 12:30am. Heard the smash and flew outside to find the truck that hit mine on its side about 100 feet away. the girl driving was pinned halfway out of the drivers window/half inside the cab. neighbor and i tipped the truck up slightly so we could slide her out. I have a 76 Ford F-250 Highboy truck. She hit it so hard it pushed my truck 20 feet forward, and 10 feet into the neighbors grass. Smashed up the box, tailgate, bumper and crushed part of the cab..so much that i couldn't get the door open easily. I finally got ahold of the insurance co of the driver today(yes she was insured thankfully) and an appraiser/adjuster is comming out tomorrow morning.
How does an adjuster go about determining the value of a vehicle that cannot be booked anywhere(at least that i can see). And what kind of leverage do i have in determining the value(negotiating)?

Yes, girl was fine. Ambulance/paramedics showed...and then she was arrested. no i didn't get any pics of her tits..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go online and find trucks similar to yours and see what they are asking. Then when they give you an amount you feel is a low ball tell them to replase yours for the amount they offering. If you don't like there offer don't except it. Haggle with them. When I smashed a car this is what I did and it got me more.

·
Registered
995 Posts
What kinda shape was your truck in ? Should be valued as a classic of some sort. Maybe bill Lutz be along later to offer advice.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This truck was a money bucket. Seems like it keeps getting smashed up. My son was driving it last winter when someone slid through a light and crushed the front of it while he was stopped at the red light. She ran off, got popped by the police 20 min later..no insurance, no license etc. she was arrested for leaving the scene, no ins. no license and inattentive driving. Cops wouldn't file a report because the lazy POS told my son it wasn't 700 bux worth of damage. Got 3 appraisals and the low one was 1700. Prosecutor did her job and i won a judgement w/o having to go to court. now i get 25 bux a month for 68 months..LOL.

My ex-wife got t-boned back in 1996 in it. Dumb ass ran a red light Crushed the box. Won judgement cuz he was uninsured.

So the truck was not pretty my any means, but i have owned it for 25 years and its the only thing of mine i cannot get rid of.

So, market value is what they may go off of?? Because this truck was not pretty at all, they may overlook "market value" and try to screw me..

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
As mentioned, you will need to locate comparables to what you have (preloss condition).
It is hard to determine the value on this older stuff, remember to start of calm, we all get mad when we feel we may get screwed but try to play it cool as long as you can, if you dont get anywhere, well, then thats a different story, lol. Any invoices you have from doing anything will be a plus, battery, brakes, etc. If its not real eye appealing it may be a tough battle w/o the invoices showing how much you have invested. You may try playing the "vintage or historic" card, dont think that would hurt a thing.
Depending on your adjuster, some take it personal while others are just doing there job and should be open to discuss your comparables. Good luck, Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts