Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While getting my range bag ready for some recoil therapy, I ran across these patches that Mom had given me in a box. They will now be with me in the range bag until my time ends.

Grandpa won 1978 and 1979 Grand American "The Grand" in his division at Vandalia, Dayton Airport.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I shoot trap as often as possible, your grampa was really good at it. I like talking to the old times at the range, they have great stories about the custom guns and ammo they'd make back in the day.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have not shot any registered targets for a few years now. I need to get back to shooting some though.
When I did shoot I was AA-27-AA and even AAA-27-AAA every now and then. Won some trophies at the Grand.
My best ever run on singles over a few shoots; I only missed 2 targets out of 800 including a 200 straight at the Grand and was the only 200 straight at the South Dakota state shoot.

Wife also shoots ATA and was Kansas state ladies handicap champion one year.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I shot alot of targets both registered and not. When they moved the Grand to Sparta most of the clubs here in Ohio closed down. I do shoot some tagets every once in awhile but not registered. Birdtracker

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When he was running/owned Athens Gun Club he also trained a few Olympic medalists, but finding that info now might likely be impossible.

I do remember walking the line at Vandalia, but his next round was nearly at the other end of the line!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts