Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Titanium Member
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to up my game.I currently drink beefeater straight,so what would be close to that in taste.Dont want a sugary drink.

·
Titanium Member
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,its 47-75% alcohol,lol.So,It would have to be halved with water or something.
Was looking for some nice,non sugary drinks from the drinkers.

·
Moderater
13,873 Posts
I bought some Absinthe over 20 year’s ago and 3/4 of the bottle still sits on my bar...:sick:

·
Titanium Member
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought some Absinthe over 20 year’s ago and 3/4 of the bottle still sits on my bar...:sick:
Im seeing it tastes like black licorice generally.But theres different mixes,with the german stuff being sweeter and fruitier and the swiss stuff being more vegetable tasting.Ill try some small bottles of this and that.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was into that stuff a few years back,and bought a kit online to make it myself, kit included the wormwood, and mix, Just had to add everclear and let it sit for a week in the dark....... Holy shit was that shit wicked. I swear it was like doing acid !!!!! never again, no absinthe for me.

·
Moderater
13,873 Posts
Im seeing it tastes like black licorice generally.But theres different mixes,with the german stuff being sweeter and fruitier and the swiss stuff being more vegetable tasting.Ill try some small bottles of this and that.
I just checked it’s French and 136 proof..!!!

Maybe I’ll try it again I’m off next week..:p

Reactions: Kindred

·
Registered
733 Posts
Try a session on Vodka and Red Bull, 50/50 mix in a half pint tumbler. It's surprising how quick a quart of vodka disappears. Promotes rapid onset of happiness and I could dance all night on it.

·
Aviation Section
26,166 Posts
I just checked it’s French and 136 proof..!!!

Maybe I’ll try it again I’m off next week..:p
I have tried it when I lived in New Orleans years ago (prolly where it all started in this Country) and it is not for me, I am not Man enough!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I remember trying some real absinthe back in the early 2000s. I couldn't stand the taste and it was definitely a weird experience. After that one night I have never had the urge to try it again. So another hard pass here.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Try a session on Vodka and Red Bull, 50/50 mix in a half pint tumbler. It's surprising how quick a quart of vodka disappears. Promotes rapid onset of happiness and I could dance all night on it.
I used to drink jack, Dr Pepper and green monster. Had very similar results.

·
Titanium Member
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vodka goes down very easy for me,but its 50/50 whether or not it stays down.And I am not a thrower upper,lol.

Reactions: carnutbill67

·
Registered
21,138 Posts
Ernest Hemingway was a big fan. It varies a lot from brand to brand. Yes, licorice is the predominate flavor, but there are others. Requires a technique to properly serve (mix gently with water). It’s also not cheap.

·
Titanium Member
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was the cocaine of the 19th century! Lol

·
Registered
11,326 Posts
Anyone I’ve seen drink any amount of that go ape shit crazy and remember absolutely nothing next day. Good buddy drank sone one night with beer as shooter. I told him to watch it cause that will hit you hard. He didn’t remember nothing next day. Spun right out lol

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
St George is great and affordable. I shot with 1 can of 7UP is the shit.. DOIT.

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
Absinthe: For boozers who are too hip for normal likker but too square to do drugs.

Just give me a shot of bourbon and a line of blow and keep that nasty black licorice shit away from me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts