Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting 1.33 60ft times and running 5.90's/6.00's. Put an anti-roll bar in, Car slowed down to a best of 1.39 60ft and 6.20's/6.high teen's. help!!!!????

·
Registered
626 Posts
unhook the bar and see if that was the problem!!

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
Okay, I think we need more info here. There are a lot of things that could cause the car to slow down. What's the combo? How was the DA? Different tire pressure? How many runs are on the tires? Etc...

Pertinent info will really help...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tire pressure was the same,Tires had 8 passes on them at the time,SBC w/glide,4.10 gear,Same track,Did not change anything.The car was twisting up really bad out of the hole.Put the anti-roll bar in and it fixed the twisting up but ,The car slowed down.Gonna try a few things at the track this coming Thursday and see what happens. I really do appreciate the help. Thanx...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
sounds like you have it bound up. Un hook it, bounce on the rear of the car a couple times, and measure from the ground up to the rear of the car, then hook it back up and bounce on it again, and remeasure, if one side is lower, I would say it is binding up,Probably at the bushings, depending on what type of bar you have. Try lubricating it

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
In addition to that, try loosening the front end up a little bit if you've got adjustable shocks/struts. Now that the car isn't twisting anymore, you may need to get up on the tire a little more to make it work.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like were all on the same page.(which is great)I'm gonna lower the front end first and make a hit.Then see how far the rear is traveling out of the hole. Thanx again for the guy's!!!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
When you mentioned side to side weight bias ,how is that possible in a stock suspension car on the scales when if you move the lower bar to much it changes the wheel base. Please if it's a dumb question pardon me. I'm tryin to learn different things to cut down my 60ft.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
When you mentioned side to side weight bias ,how is that possible in a stock suspension car on the scales when if you move the lower bar to much it changes the wheel base.
The wheel base is an actual dimension and it cannot be changed.........without extensive modifications as per narrowing/widening the rear end or front end.

Wut?

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
The wheel base can be changed very easly in a stock susp car with adj uppers and lowers just by making the lower bars longer or shorter the side to side can be changed by pre loads on the uppers on 4 bar cars, but on a triangulated four links it most of the time just moves the housing side to side. I prefer to adj on a alignment machine using thrust angles

·
Registered
146 Posts
Tire pressure was the same,Tires had 8 passes on them at the time,SBC w/glide,4.10 gear,Same track,Did not change anything.The car was twisting up really bad out of the hole.Put the anti-roll bar in and it fixed the twisting up but ,The car slowed down.Gonna try a few things at the track this coming Thursday and see what happens. I really do appreciate the help. Thanx...

I have always heard that the anti-roll robs a bit of power due to the fact that it connects the frame to the rear end. I have several buddies who have tested w/ and without the anti-roll. Results were better sixty foots without, but a handfull to drive.
My car 1.26's with anti-roll. I thought about disconnecting it, but thought better of it.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Equal loading of rear tires will not slow a car down, but pulling both wheels out of the lights will instead of leaving one in and rolling through

1 - 19 of 19 Posts