Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"Big Al" Sargent
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an S & W anti roll bar kit when I purchased the back half kit for my wagon 4 1/2 yrs ago. The axle/shaft that the aluminum arms attach to (see pic) pivots inside the tubing using poly bushings instead of needle bearings like some other kits have. I'm afraid the poly bushings might cause the shaft to bind and not move as freely as it would if it had needle bearings. I hope I'm not confusing the hell outta y'all. Do any of you guys use the S & W kit? Does it work well? How consistent are your 60 ft times? Does the suspension bind any? I'm thinking of buying another brand.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have the S&W kit on my firebird. You might want to call them as the new kits come with a brass type bushing now instead of the plastic ones they did come with. My 60's are very consistant.

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
I am not a fan of the poly bushings. I used them one time and had a very hard time with binding. Maybe it was just a bad experience. I use the oiled bronze type bushings in mine and have never had a problem with those. You can probably just change out your bushings and be fine.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
As mentioned, try to call get them to send you the bronze bushings instead. Tell them you ordered it awhile ago, and you were told they started selling something different...most companies will give you the upgrade that they decided to make.

·
"Big Al" Sargent
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called S&W today and they said they didn't offer the bronze bushings for the kit I have. They've changed the design of their ARB a little since I bought mine. I purchased an ARB from ART (Applied Racing) today, that is a roller/needle bearing design. Should be a good one. Thanks for the advice, anyway.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
The arb we make mounts with sperical bearings,, that way no matter how much the chassis flex there is on bind,, Ever looked at arb in a current pro mod?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts