Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
People using antenna TV and not paying the cable company, what works best to receive the most channels? A new TV does not need the converter box right? Thanks for input.

·
rodent aviator
7,045 Posts
In for solutions. I get 3 channels (ABC, CBS and FOX) but not NBC since buying my last tv. I only turn it on using the timer when I go to bed so it's not like it matters, but I miss Leno.

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts

·
thread killer
4,075 Posts
Any newer tv will not need a converter box. A cheap set of rabbit ears will give you a good idea what you will be able to receive. if you want to see the available towers and what they broadcast go here.

www.tvfool.com/

·
Which is more disturbed?
10,577 Posts
Unless you live right in the city you need an amplified antenna

·
Registered
22,822 Posts
This made me laugh thinking about when I was a kid and I would have to stand on the roof and turn the damn thing " a little more STOP, go BACK a little, HOLD IT THERE. Thanks

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
I actually went on youtube and typed in "how to build cheap digital antenna" and we did-It was less than 10.00and cheap stuff from lowes.I get about 12 or13 channels.We got to where we cant afford cable anymore

·
Registered
8,646 Posts

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,589 Posts
I actually went on youtube and typed in "how to build cheap digital antenna" and we did-It was less than 10.00and cheap stuff from lowes.I get about 12 or13 channels.We got to where we cant afford cable anymore
You need a signal analyzer on a converter box to tell you the signal strength improvements.
I made this one for my mothers place 2 years ago to test it out for the fun of it ~35 miles from downtown Chicago.

IT definitely helped the signal pickup, but the manufactured models were 2x as receptive that were the same size.

This is the unit I tested it with side by side using a signal analyzer to see which caught the signals better.
IT blew my home made one out the water.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
In for solutions. I get 3 channels (ABC, CBS and FOX) but not NBC since buying my last tv. I only turn it on using the timer when I go to bed so it's not like it matters, but I miss Leno.
You do know Leno was retired, right? :confused:

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,589 Posts
^ Yes, height is the #1 thing for long range reception

Obviously the antenna choice plays a crucial factor tho as well.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i use an Antennas Direct DB2e in my bedroom,and a TERK HDTVA in my living room.both antennas work very well.usually between 18-30 stations received,depending on weather.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts