Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the summer I have more and more ant hills showing up in my yard. I have contacted a business about treating for them, but they want $700 to do the service. My question is this, have any of you tried anything that worked? Thanks in advance.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Gasoline and a match is the only effective cheap solution that I know will work. Just keep the fire going until the entire hill is gone. Makes a nasty, stinky smoke that will piss off your neighbors. Give them warning so they don't call the fire department on you. If you don't want to start bonfires, then try the little poison tins, but they seem to be hit and miss and a giant anthill will usually live through it.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts

People are starving and your biggest worry is ant hills?

Sorry, just had to do it
,,,TLW

·
Beer makes me pee
9,788 Posts
Why havnt you tried the ant poisen from home depot? Over and out works well. It makes them move to your neighbors yard....LOL

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I heard to use simple green. It worked really well for me. It will kill them but it also kills the grass too... I used it mostly on the sidewalks and the drive way. Boiling water takes care of them as well.

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
buy the cheapest landry detergent non-liquid you can find and sprinkle it in the yard.

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
Bought some stuff from Lowes you hook up to garden hose and spray. Think it is made by Bayer. It killed them off. But I got more later this summer and havent sprayed again. Soil here is very sandy and they thrive.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Take a shovelfull from pile a and sprinkle over to pile b. Then do same from pile b to a. Leave plenty of enemies at each hill to get fight started. They will war with each other til both are dead. The best part is drinking beer while watching the fighting go on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts