Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
I think it's a disgrace that they haven't been put in yet. My only thinking is that RUSH themselves may be holding off due to the fact that they are still touring and making records. Maybe they feel like it will put them in the past by going in.

·
Sizeable Member
7,734 Posts
Maybe if they had a decent drummer...

J/K, I'm sure they'll be inducted sooner or later.
GnR though? Fuck *whatever their singer's name is* He deserves no such honor.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Joan Jett and Heart both belong in there but still not as much as Rush. Are there any other bands that have been constantly belittled by critics just to turn around and pack stadiums across the country and the world? And then continue to do it for 30+ years while still changing both themselves and music? AND still have a huge fanbase?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Rush has not been nominated for entry into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame since their year of eligibility in 1998. The Hall's refusal to induct Rush may be a consequence of the band's insistence on remaining outside the mainstream of rock when it comes to self-promotion, in favor of maintaining a high degree of independence. Many supporters cite the band's accomplishments including longevity, proficiency, and influence, as well as commercial sales figures and RIAA certifications. Lifeson has often stated "I couldn't care less, look who's up for induction, it's a joke. I think their ego’s play a large part being inducted too. I heard many years ago that many bands would have nothing to with them because Rush thought they were better than everyone else. IMO I do think Rush is better than 75% better than all the other bands except Pink Floyd in which they are 99% better than all the other bands.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,136 Posts
I saw a commercial for their concert on VH1. Maybe on tonight or this week sometime. Check your guide. I watched Def Lepard last night. They sounded great.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
I watched some sort of documentary on Palladia a week ago about RUSH and I never got the idea they thought they were better than any other band, just different. They didn't want to become just another "Mainstream" band, they wanted to stand out for being RUSH and if they didn't accomplish that, they would go down in history being happy that they tried it their way. I think RUSH is one of the best bands out there because their lyrics have meaning more-so than other bands.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Rush doesn't have the music diversity and impact on the music industry as a whole like you guys think.

Now by using the examples of Joan Jett and Heart...If you do not know their impact on music then you are living in a bubble. Heart was there in the heyday of the rock era holding their own w/ a unique sound, plus the work Nancy has done in the film industry over the last 15 years. Joan Jett came from an underground scene w/ the Runaways and kept that foundation to create her own way as a solo artist.

Rush is a good band...but they are still living off of one album from one time period. But then again so is GnR. But GnR w/ their one album was way bigger than Rush...and they got out because they knew they couldn't do any better. Rush hasn't learned that yet.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Rush doesn't have the music diversity and impact on the music industry as a whole like you guys think.

Now by using the examples of Joan Jett and Heart...If you do not know their impact on music then you are living in a bubble. Heart was there in the heyday of the rock era holding their own w/ a unique sound, plus the work Nancy has done in the film industry over the last 15 years. Joan Jett came from an underground scene w/ the Runaways and kept that foundation to create her own way as a solo artist.

Rush is a good band...but they are still living off of one album from one time period. But then again so is GnR. But GnR w/ their one album was way bigger than Rush...and they got out because they knew they couldn't do any better. Rush hasn't learned that yet.
The only reason GnR got all the airplay and publicity is because of Axl Rose and the mainstream music they made. IMO Rush has more talent all day than GnR but they choose to do it differently. Moving Pictures was Rush's "Appetite for Destruction" album because they decided to try a little more Mainstream approach after the Record label pushed the issue. Musically and lyrically their songs blow away much of what is being played today IMO. It's different and the industry doesn't like different.

·
Registered
275 Posts
go buy the documentary "beyond the lighted stage" if you want a clear look into the band and it's past. They are as passive as the rest of the Canadian public! they have never been about the fame.
Best band IMHO!

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
The only reason GnR got all the airplay and publicity is because of Axl Rose and the mainstream music they made. IMO Rush has more talent all day than GnR but they choose to do it differently. Moving Pictures was Rush's "Appetite for Destruction" album because they decided to try a little more Mainstream approach after the Record label pushed the issue. Musically and lyrically their songs blow away much of what is being played today IMO. It's different and the industry doesn't like different.
If Moving Pictures was released during MTV's heydays of the mid to late 80's then Rush would have been in. Regardless of what Rush has done...MTV made GnR.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
go buy the documentary "beyond the lighted stage" if you want a clear look into the band and it's past. They are as passive as the rest of the Canadian public! they have never been about the fame.
Best band IMHO!
That's the show I saw on Palladia a week ago. Very insightful.

One of my favs from Rush. Witch Hunt

·
Registered
16,436 Posts
Phucking joke!

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
What about Ozzy? Alice Cooper?

It's a fucked up list that gets nominated and it's amazing who gets left out.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts