Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to fix a problem with my tube chassis going left on launch. I believe it is in the wheelie bar setup.

My question,

Is it okay to have the push pins to set the wheel bar wheel height in different locations? For instance, the left pin in the top hole of the bracket and the right pin in the middle hole of the bracket.

With the setup this way, I am pretty close to wear I want the staggered height. I am shooting for a 6 to 5-3/4 on the left and a 5-1/4 to 5 on the right side. I can then fine tune the height by turning the bars on the heim joints.

Thanks

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the bars adjusted all the way in, on both ends. I like it better that way, I feel it is stronger. Also, one of the bars is bent. I bought the car that way. I will be getting new bars soon. But for now, I have the bent bar in the left side, since the right side sees more of the load and therefore should be stronger.

Anyway, I just measured the bars and I have 5-1/2" on the left and 4-3/4" on the right. This is with driver on board. I turned the left bar out 1 full turn to acheive this. The left bar pin is in the top hole and the right bar pin is in the middle hole.

Bars are about 68" from center of rear to whellie bar axle. 2350 lbs tube car going high 7s.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A bent bar is an inconsistent bar... perhaps that's why the car turns?
I definitely agree. I am just trying to get by until I get 2 new upper bars.

But my initial questions is if it is okay to run the pins in 2 diff holes. The left is in the top hole, the right is in the middle hole. Will it hurt anything?

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
As mentioned, I dont see a problem running them in two different holes, but there shouldnt be a need for it. I understand what your saying about having the heimgs threaded all the way in but its really not an issue. Again as mentioned, Id be more concerned with the bent bar.
Kyle

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Having them in different holes will not do anything wrong...

But you need to chalk the wheels and see what they are doing.. once you have adjusted the right down so low that it is the only wheel that is touching, the left side no longer matters and lowering the right more will not make it drive straight..

My guess is you have right side preload in a car that is now fast enough to need left side preload..

Post some specs on the car and the guys on here can get you fixed pretty quick

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the chalk today for the wheels. Heading out tomorrow for some 1/8 mile passes. I'll let you know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts