Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16,346 Posts
Thanks it goes threw the traps at 7800ish 3.27 rear gear
How much power are you leaving on? 60' times with that gear? Tire?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thankyou.That sounds right on for 23 lb area.Im gonna try 19 deg next time out at 28 lbs with 1 range cooler plug.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm building an L33 for a twin turbo to push around 1k (limits of the turbo) and I'm interested in block strength and stock crank limits. Some folks show the crank starts to flex around and pinch bearings around 900 or so I'm shooting for around 800 at the tire (also a limit of the 4L65E RPM tranny, it's in a C5 vette). Sounds like the block is plenty strong, and poured I'd think the block would be safe from 1200-1400 HP. Crank I wouldn't trust too much above 900. So in my case, I'm going to toss in a voo doo lunati crank I have lying around for a little insurance and better low end torq. I'm going to cam and limit revs to around 7k if the turbos don't choke it too bad.

I'm running ball bearing t3/t4 turbos that spool quick but choke up top a bit so I'm going to 3" down pipes and exh.

Now onto the heads. the 1/2 studs and a decent thick deck head should do fine around 1200 I would think.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update here. I have been 5.20 @ 133.8 with 1.138 60' Been several mid 5.20s at 133 with 1.13-1.15 60' all at 3290 pounds.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Damn that 60’ is killer I’ve been 4.99 on a sbe ls3 went out last weekend made 5 5.0-5.1x hits and 4 7.8-7.9 passes still runs like a champ

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Any issues leaving on the trans brake with the stock cranks? I was thinking of a budget build 5.3 with a single gt45. Not a big power engine, but will move a light car as much as a fairly new driver needs at the track.

·
Registered
16,346 Posts
Any issues leaving on the trans brake with the stock cranks? I was thinking of a budget build 5.3 with a single gt45. Not a big power engine, but will move a light car as much as a fairly new driver needs at the track.
Well over 100 passes on mine. Stock crank, block , heads and intake. Leaving on anywhere from 9-11 psi @ 3400 on a radial tire

Reactions: tempname

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,548 Posts
a gt45 is good for like 700hp crank..you won't have a issue..get to about 1k to 1100 tire an the crank might show flexing on you.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Only thing I'v seen on my combo that worries me is my oil pressure. At 30-32 pounds of boost my oil pressure will be in the mid 60s, doesn't matter if it's at 7100 right after the shift or 7850 at the stripe. And I'm ok with that. But I'v hit my boost safety a couple times and when it reverts to gate, the oil pressure will go up to mid to high 70s at same rpm just without as much boost (load). I assume when the engine is loaded the crank is being pushed down and increasing the clearance in the top half of the main? Pan vac stays in the mid to high 70s kpa the full run.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Only thing I'v seen on my combo that worries me is my oil pressure. At 30-32 pounds of boost my oil pressure will be in the mid 60s, doesn't matter if it's at 7100 right after the shift or 7850 at the stripe. And I'm ok with that. But I'v hit my boost safety a couple times and when it reverts to gate, the oil pressure will go up to mid to high 70s at same rpm just without as much boost (load). I assume when the engine is loaded the crank is being pushed down and increasing the clearance in the top half of the main? Pan vac stays in the mid to high 70s kpa the full run.
My understanding is that pan vac will show as a loss of gauge pressure for oil. Think that has anything to do with your readings?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My understanding is that pan vac will show as a loss of gauge pressure for oil. Think that has anything to do with your readings?
The pan vac only changes 2-3 kpa when it hit the boost safety. I couldn't fine an example of the boost safety triggered but the is a 5.20 run. Pan vac stays pretty steady.
I don't believe the MPH. The back half is high 133 MPH compared to other runs with the same back half. And my wheel speed confirms the high 133.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts