Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use a flat open trailer? by flat, i mean with no dove tail. just wonder how that effects loading the car...seems like it might be tough.

·
I like to party!!
4,338 Posts
Had a friend using one for a while, had to jack the tongue up on the trailer and use longer ramps to get the car up on it. Much easier with a dove tail!

·
Registered
449 Posts
That is what I use. I did have to raise the floor height by one board a couple feet from the ramps and extend the ramps a couple feet. I never have to raise the tongue unless I park in a low spot.

·
The Grouch
3,031 Posts
I use the old red drive up ramp on the back tires of my truck. It lowers the back of the trailer quite a bit.

·
Registered
955 Posts
My open trailer is "flat" with no dovetail but has 4" dropped spindles on it so the deck hieght is lower, no problems here...

·
Registered
432 Posts
if you have a trailer like this would it be easier to reverse the car onto the trailer rather than pull up to it. Is this an acceptable practice? You would have alot more clearance than t front of the car.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
if you have a trailer like this would it be easier to reverse the car onto the trailer rather than pull up to it. Is this an acceptable practice? You would have alot more clearance than t front of the car.
Wouldn't think the extra weight on the ass end would be good for towing stability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts