Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running BP7EFS plugs in my 355ci single turbo V8 for the last few years, it's 9:1 comp. 17psi boost and makes around 950hp on Sunoco Maxnos fuel with 20deg timing, and has run 8.83 at 156mph at 3250lb.

Back when the car was originally tuned on pump fuel it was running a 6 heat range projected tip plug, it wouldn't take any more than 10 degrees of timing at 11psi of boost on Aussie 98 octane fuel (more like 93 octane in the USA). I changed to the 7 heat range plug and it ape armed to pick up a little power.

The tuner has always commented that my engine does not like timing, could this be from too got of a plug?

Last time I was out racing I tried a BR7EFS (1094) as it was the folded non projected plug I could get local.

I am about to order some parts form the US and thought whilst I'm at it I'll order sme plugs to try, it appears that the tapered seat plugs I use I am limited to no colder than a 9 in a non projected tip, or if I go to a projected tip I can get a 10.

What do people recommend me trying? Do I need a resistor plug? I am running a Motec M800 ECU?

·
Registered
768 Posts
maybe youre at the point where a real efficient combustion chamber and a dense intake charge wont allow any more timing.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe youre at the point where a real efficient combustion chamber and a dense intake charge wont allow any more timing.
That quite probably may be the case, I just want to make sure I'm not leaving anything on the table, if my plugs are stopping it taking timing it's worth a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts