Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm Dylan from Belgium and I owe a 87 chevy c4 corvette and a 68 mustang totally frame off restored:

My naturally aspirated engine 331ci was not enough then, I decided to spend some pennys with Ryan and now Dylan at Steve Morris.

It all started back 2 years ago and on a monthly basis, I was doing my shopping list with Ryan to select the best parts for my next power plant which will be D1SC procharged.

Slowly but surely, the parts were getting accumulated everywhere at home...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As it is a pure street car, we decided to keep the power steering and the only option was to relocate the power steering on the passenger side and the nightmare began...

First of all, the power steering relocation kit is made for a fox so it means the oil dipstick is not on the passenger side, maybe the water pump is different, I needed a fox power steering pump, bracket, etc....

As I'm going with a serpentine, I needed a reverse clocking water pump with a passenger side outlet to match my brand new Griffin radiator... I did not figure this out at the beginning....

First mock-up, spacers, spacers and spacers again to get perfect pulley alignment.... Every single spacer provided with the kit were not usable, we got to get them custom made for us....

Second issue: oil disptick right over the power steering pressure line.... Got to bend it and trim the support plate to be able to put the dipstick in the timing cover....

With custom made spacers, it's looking better and cleaner!
Please note the semi-final position of the oil dipstick.

Next issue, water pump pulley....

It took me 2 months to get one. A friend of me gave me an underdriven pulley: too big! I ordered one from JEGS, the salesman told me it was a stock dimension and it was not, too big again... Got to buy one from a Cobra from ASP....

Issue with the Cobra pulley: the bolt pattern is not the same as my water pump and the shim provided with the procharger kit was too thick and got to be machined... Other weeks of delays....

After having the accessories pulleys aligned, the belt provided was too long (certainly made for a car with A/C and maybe smog pump....)....

Once the new belt received with my new alternator, new test and again, the alternator case of the new one is not the same as the old one (1 wire vs external regulator is maybe the difference?).... Oil dipstick in the vice again....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here we are... Latest news as of today, 30th of October... I finally got the replacement parts from Procharger (I got the wrong pulley, bushing and belt) and we put them on the engine (thanks to Ryan and Dylan for their assistance!)

To me, it does look like very tight?

Sweet....

Headers, they look good but a pain as on each side, one bolt is impossible to be tighten so I can't imagine being able to do it once the engine in the engine bay...

Ron Morris adjustable motor mount, bolt too short! Piece of ccchiiit....

Waiting for some orders from SM then hopefully by the end of November, we'll think about throwing this sucker in my mustang...

PS: Dylan, please energize MSD for the distributor LOL

·
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
5,150 Posts
I thought I was the only person that had luck like this. :) Nice looking project,good luck with it.

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
not sure what kind of parts stores you have there, but I have used 2-6 rib belts with good success when I couldn't get a 12 rib I needed
good looking project, nice car

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carb intake got converted to EFI, custom made powder coated fuel rails, intake is now sitting on the engine and we are almost ready to drop it in the 'stang!

·
WHO DAT???
15,822 Posts
Nice collection of parts you have there!!!!

And oh BTW, this looks bad ass as well........

Looks like she's going to be a handful of fun when you get 'er done!!!!! Good luck with it.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Ryan and DaCajun!

We have worked on the intercooler piping and it is tuff to get it done without drilling holes.

For the black BOV, does custom chromed 3" pipe with the tee to attach the BOV exist on the market? I don't want to use the procharger one, everything is chromed and the procharger is silver.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I forgot to ask. On the manual, it has to be installed before the intercooler and it blows back to the procharger inlet so can I avoid that by installing it right before the bonnet?

And last question. The air filter supplied with the kit will not fit my car because of the shock tower. What could be an alternative?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are some pics of the 3" intercooler piping on the driver side. Our goal was not to drill any hole.
It is tight but it fits.

Same on the passenger side, even more tight because of the transmission cooling lines.

Fuel rail piping at the back of the intake manifold and throttle pedal modified (shift on the side and higher to clear the rails).

Tight I said for the electric fan isn't? We are going to try to move forward the main radiator towards the engine in order to increase the space between the intercooler and radiator to fit some electric fans...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts