Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
That snow load doesn't even look that bad, not sure how much ice was on it though.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That snow load doesn't even look that bad, not sure how much ice was on it though.
We got about a half inch of rain yesterday. That snow acts like a sponge.

2 of my friends had businesses in this building in Milford. A sail maker and an electrical motor rebuilder.

·
BigDad T-shirts available
7,455 Posts
Wow, thats horrible ..

And, let me guess ..insurance doesn't cover it

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
There was a parking structure that collapsed last week...dunno if it was in CT but it was East of me.

That's a bitch.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
The fire house should no better. They have tools to do the job. The other should of cleaned off the roof. A couple hundred is better then a LOSS.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some people have no clue.. This hasn't happened since 96-97 when were got 140" of snow so people forget.

I have a 9 pitch roof on the main house so snow really doesn't stay up there. But my front porch roof is only a 4 pitch and I shovel it off. The detached garage I left the heat on 65 all week and the roof is clear now so I put it back at 40.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
took it all off my garage last week. it doesnt have much pitch and that last few rain/ice storms added a ton to what was already there.a snow shovel full weighs about 40/45lbs.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
took it all off my garage last week. it doesnt have much pitch and that last few rain/ice storms added a ton to what was already there.a snow shovel full weighs about 40/45lbs.
I hear ya. I learned my lesson this time.. Don't freakin wait.. If you do it right after the storm the snow is light and fluffy so it pushes right off.. Leave it a few days so it can melt and refreeze a few times and it makes it 5 times the work.. :p

1 - 20 of 68 Posts