Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
neal chance users with sbf 383-434ci pg nitrous converters
whats the averege rpm on the transbreak

i'm having some problems with my car, it slow down .2 i'm trying to remember what rpms
my converter would go on the trans break with out the rpm limiter
its a sbf with a glide with a nitrous converter i have a 4200 rpm chip
on it and i want to say it used to go to like 4400rpm with/out
but now that i checked it went up to 5000rpm without the chip
and i dont remember for sure what it used to go to
what rpms are most of your neal chance converter set to
on sbf nitorous motors?
thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Every one of them will be diffferent according to the application, so I doubt you will get an answer that will work for you. What yours needs to be will depend on your combination, how much spray, where you shift, trap rpm, etc..5k on the brake with no nitrous sounds very high as it will only get higher on the hit, unless this is a very high rpm engine?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your right i know there are alot of variables, just looking for an avrege not a specific rpm
i shift at 7200 and i know most aleast 80% of sbf between 383-434 dont really go much higher than that .

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
They will if it has the heads/compression/cam/induction to do it and if the lower half is built to work with it. 7,200 is a good reasonable rpm. But, having a converter that flashes to 5k off the bottle will be atleast 5500-5800 on the bottle and since you will need to shift sooner on the hit say 6800 or so, that leaves a very narrow rpm band and odds are will fall into the converter when you shift and slip down the track. Find out where it is exactly by testing it again, and if it is 5k, drop it so it leaves on the hit around 4500. That will give you a nice useable rpm band to keep the engine under a load.

·
Super Moderator
19,380 Posts
Who cares where they go on the motor. Its what happens when the nitrous activates that we care about. Same converter used in several different SBF nitrous combo's will net you several different stall speeds due to camshafts, heads, carbs etc.

Hutch

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who cares where they go on the motor. Its what happens when the nitrous activates that we care about. Same converter used in several different SBF nitrous combo's will net you several different stall speeds due to camshafts, heads, carbs etc.

Hutch
the reason i'm concern is because it slow down almost .2 for no reason i've checked everything and the only thing i notice diffrent was that the converter would go up to 5k on the break i was not able to see how high it would flash to when releasing the trans break, hutch i'm i wrong for worring about the rpms it comes up on the break, should i just keep my 4200rpm chip and keep looking for something else, i think with out the chip it used to only go to 4400 4 years ago when i bought it and never changed the chip on the break, i was thinking that the converter might be what was slowig me down so i pull it and i was thinking sending it back to neal and have it fixed
thanks for all your help

·
Super Moderator
19,380 Posts
If the same converter you have today used to only go 4400 on the brake and now it goes 5000 on the brake then there is something wrong for sure. Sounds like you layed the fins over in the converter. Get it sent out for repair.

Hutch

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the same converter you have today used to only go 4400 on the brake and now it goes 5000 on the brake then there is something wrong for sure. Sounds like you layed the fins over in the converter. Get it sent out for repair.

Hutch
would that have anything to do with my trans not going into neutral after i cut it clean at the finish line, it does aftet it slows
down alot but by then my plugs get all black and can't read them
like that
thanks for your help hutch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts