Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the trans tail shaft is down 3*. And the rear is up 2.5*. And the driveshaft is up 1.5*. Then what is my pinion angle and what do I have to do to get it to -2.5 to -3. (Per team z)....Thanks this is giving me a headache

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
If the trans tail shaft is down 3*. And the rear is up 2.5*. And the driveshaft is up 1.5*. Then what is my pinion angle and what do I have to do to get it to -2.5 to -3. (Per team z)....Thanks this is giving me a headache
If this was my car, I would shim the trans mount up untill the trans/ driveshaft were lined up, then re measure d/s to pinion

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Thanks for the science lesson.... I'm not accustomed to setting up 9sec cars like yours...

...lately, I've only dealt with 7sec stuff.
That's pretty lame, bolt a Turbo on and you go 7 seconds, Yawn. Now if your N/A then you get a Man Card

And look its a Mustang too, that's cute. Monkey see Monkey dodo

·
Registered
942 Posts
Who said he only works on turbo stuff? The car in his SIG is supercharged :) I have no dog in the fight but I will say I have seen a bunch of cars that he works on Go fast.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Its the point the other guy is not wrong, both u-joints need to be addressed and saying he works on seven second cars is a cop out. To say he has to be right because he works on a seven second car is Bull. I have seen way more guys running NHRA Super Stock that run 10's and be more impressive than a lot of seven second cars. I don't know the guy, and don't care, but to pull the seven second card has nothing to do with the question asked. Its trying to pee farther and belongs in the Trashed section.

Forgot to say, Its called sarcasm.

In case you did not pick up on it.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Its the point the other guy is not wrong, both u-joints need to be addressed and saying he works on seven second cars is a cop out. To say he has to be right because he works on a seven second car is Bull. I have seen way more guys running NHRA Super Stock that run 10's and be more impressive than a lot of seven second cars. I don't know the guy, and don't care, but to pull the seven second card has nothing to do with the question asked. Its trying to pee farther and belongs in the Trashed section.

Jesus Christ!!!! I made a statement that's usually true, and the guy responds with some "Mr obvious" shit like he's schooling me on the subject...so I replied with some smart ass , sarcastic shit.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

And yes, if the front u-joint angle is way outta wack, it needs to fixed, but MOST of the time, the issue is with the rear joint angle....Besides that, the title of the thread says PINION angle.
And I case YOU didn't notice, it was SARCASM.
I ain't pullin any 7 second cards.
I rarely work on any turbo stuff.
I couldn't care less about ANY car in ANY NHRA class.
I hope that clears up any confusion.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
You guys both obviously know what your doing so getting in a pissing match, ain't gonna help anybody, don't turn this into the nitrous section lol ( which is still the best section in here for sharing knowledge ).

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
You guys both obviously know what your doing so getting in a pissing match, ain't gonna help anybody, don't turn this into the nitrous section lol ( which is still the best section in here for sharing knowledge ).
Understood. I spend too much time in TOBT!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts