Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track this weekend.
1st pass everything was good. 2nd pass it was running and shifting fine until 3rd, I thought i might have missed third and ran again LIKE A DUMMY. 3rd pass it shifted fine again and went to go to 3rd to no avail.

Stock th400. Checked the shifting linkage and everything was good.

What are the chances of it being just the modulator?
Im thinking I burnt up the 3rd gear clutch stack (40coupe told me this also).

Anyone else have any opinions on what it could be?

Im thinking i need a RMVB when I tear it down to see what it is and also replaces all clutchs. Just looking for opinions.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Time to pull it and give it a freshen up. Now is also the time to go either with a manual v/b or put a break in it. also no matter how you go put a good sprag in it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do, just gotta save money first. On a budget like Fred Sanford!

Know of any places with good prices? Dont want a brake just footbrake anyway.
Should I do 34 or 36 element sprag?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Jake! Its a long ass haul over there but I just may. I am thinkin about doing this on my own to cut costs. Ive rebuilt allisons before with the army but had a tm beside me.

Did you ever send the seperator plate? May be a good thing you didnt lol

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I got sidetracked on the plate. It really needs the rest of the trans setup to work with it.

If you want an auto shift setup, bring it and we'll set it up and dyno it.

It'll be considered a test unit and won't cost you an arm and leg :p

·
RED ROCKET
8,633 Posts
where are you at jake?i am in texas as well with trans problems

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have some parts I want to test out (seperator plate). I had already promised Shawn the parts. Since he's fairly local he's a good candidate. Mutually beneficial deal. We can hook him up for cost of parts, he get's it done cheap, I get to test my parts and get some feedback. Plus I get to make sure it's all together the way I want and can make changes on the dyno.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
I have some parts I want to test out (seperator plate). I had already promised Shawn the parts. Since he's fairly local he's a good candidate. Mutually beneficial deal. We can hook him up for cost of parts, he get's it done cheap, I get to test my parts and get some feedback. Plus I get to make sure it's all together the way I want and can make changes on the dyno.
You da man!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jake is a stand up guy. Its VERY appreciated. Im still a young buck with dreams of going fast, and Jake is gonna help! Damn budgets!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts