Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to forum. Did a search and found lots of good feedback, but looking for more before I press the order button (again).

Rundown; I've been racing with M/T ET Streets for about 6 years now with decent results, but was told by a buddy who runs a stock NHRA class that he picks up a good .1 switching to ET Street Radials after qualifying.

Which Radial will net better ET's and traction?
The M/T ET Street Radial or Hoosier DOT Radial. I wasn't paying attention and just received the Hoosier slick radial, but run street classes now and then and want the DOT. I also notice the Hoosiers have a decent amount less rotating mass. I've read the M/T's have better longevity, but that's not a concern.

Also, would going from a 28" dia to a 29.5" dia help my 60' with contact patch or overall ET? I'm running out of gear with 4.56's in current set-up, but will have more RPM's to play with soon with top end upgrades. Both tires are 10" contact.

I just bracket race for fun and looking to get lower ET's.
Technical info; On a prepped track I turn 1.72-1.76 60's with 12-14.5lbs in ET Streets, slight wrinkle. 4000lb truck with me, Caltracs installed (in middle of installing mono leafs), 4.56 gears running out of RPM at top end, QA1 single adjustable shocks front and rear, Vortech and 8lbs of boost.
Best ET [email protected], ~400RWHP.

Thanks!
-Kevin

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Well, at least you hit the newb thread. Like you said, many posts on here. Now enjoy your cactus......

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Hi,
New to forum. Did a search and found lots of good feedback, but looking for more before I press the order button (again).

Rundown; I've been racing with M/T ET Streets for about 6 years now with decent results, but was told by a buddy who runs a stock NHRA class that he picks up a good .1 switching to ET Street Radials after qualifying.

Which Radial will net better ET's and traction?
The M/T ET Street Radial or Hoosier DOT Radial. I wasn't paying attention and just received the Hoosier slick radial, but run street classes now and then and want the DOT. I also notice the Hoosiers have a decent amount less rotating mass. I've read the M/T's have better longevity, but that's not a concern.

Also, would going from a 28" dia to a 29.5" dia help my 60' with contact patch or overall ET? I'm running out of gear with 4.56's in current set-up, but will have more RPM's to play with soon with top end upgrades. Both tires are 10" contact.

I just bracket race for fun and looking to get lower ET's.
Technical info; On a prepped track I turn 1.72-1.76 60's with 12-14.5lbs in ET Streets, slight wrinkle. 4000lb truck with me, Caltracs installed (in middle of installing mono leafs), 4.56 gears running out of RPM at top end, QA1 single adjustable shocks front and rear, Vortech and 8lbs of boost.
Best ET [email protected], ~400RWHP.

Thanks!
-Kevin
If the track prep is good at your local facility you will be fine on the radials. I use and support Mickey Thompson products.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think you misunderstood your buddy. If he is running NHRA Stock eliminator, he is switching to a radial slick, not M/T street radials. Big Difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think you misunderstood your buddy. If he is running NHRA Stock eliminator, he is switching to a radial slick, not M/T street radials. Big Difference.
He runs I/SA and used to run N/SA.
Could have been Drag Radial's and he was telling me to run the street radials. But I thought I remembered him running the street radials.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts