Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome Mike. I have seen your u-tube vids. Nice work with factory parts. It's nice to see guys still having fun on a budget. I'm the same way.
Ralph.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,I wish I had the cash at the time to buy some ti for the motor,at this stage of the car,I was struggling with the trans a bit,3rd didnt like to recover with the 355s,but a tall gear is good for tuning,Ive since rebuilt the t-5,installed the motorsport shank,and im dropping a prepped 410 8.8 in next week,I would really like the car to go 1230s or so,Ive got an old school 10,000 rpm 200 nitrous plate here in the garage,and a nice 100shot dry nozzle system as well,not looking to stack kits,but give her just enough to squeek some low 1.50s out of the hole,then shut one kit down and turn on the wet kit in 3rd and 4th,410s might be a bit steep,so I was considering just installing the old motorsport rev extender in it,absouletly love driving this car,cant wait to give it the jug,take care gang.

·
Registered
269 Posts
welcome and budget stanger here also just a 306 with tfs heads and a s trim with a full manual aod, keepin it simple...cool videos too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Motor sounds spooky man,gets through the revs quick,any special tricks of the trade done to it,cant believe how fast it rows with a 273,nice build,I cant wait to spray the living hell out of this mill,Im so happy with the piece that Im doing a steep compression gt40-p build,I scored some old school trw 12.1 domers with some shot peened stock rods and arp rodware for 50 bucks here in town,Im going to deck the heads .040 and stuff a schiender stick in it with a stock crank,and and one of my welded 40 intakes on it,not sure if i want to jam some gm valves in it yet,we,ll see what it does on the bench,oops i mean the shop vac,lol .I would like to try and get a 42lb injectors and e-85 to work with the combo on sauce,I have a straight cut g-force that I exploded with a spray 408 combo last year,If i cant keep that trans together with this next junk combo,then Ill go back to a t-5 surplus,Im a junky for junk motor combos,cant stop please help.lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey man nice setup, I too am a budget builder mustang bro. My last motor was a stock 5.0 with stock unported heads,a b cam and boltons. Rockin a C4 and spray I have gone 11.78 spinning out of the hole on DR's. Lots of fun

·
Registered
325 Posts
Car sounds great man, im rockin a stock block in my 86 coupe. Keep up the good work and post some more vids. And uhh, whats the boost gauge for?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to fill a hole,lol,I had a blown 306 in the car last year,probably a couple of good spots for a nitrous pressure and water temp gauge,I might build some custom cardboard cutouts panted black for the time being,Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice man,a few years back I help get one of my friends stock longblock intake to pan coupe to go 1160s at 119 on a 150 nozzle with a ton of bottle pressure,simple combo with nothing more then a [email protected] meter,electric water pump,short belt,exhaust with stock pipes,typical clutch drive shaft slick skinny combo with 373s.the car was a riot on the street,we manage to lift a gasket and smoke a sparkplug down to the base ring,put a couple dozen dents in one of the pistons,I managed to bring the motor down to a local car wash,cleaned brought it back home,stuffed some p-heads and an x-cam in the old girl with a ported gt40 intake and longtubes,stuffed it back in my own car,and blasted off a handful of 1120 runs,running a c-4 and 373s,I love these types of builds,you can kick the life out them,and go home with very little remorse,nice build keep us posted,Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this thread is a little old, butbim digging what you are doing. I have a similar setup in my full weight 92 LX and I am in the mid 12s at 107mph. I just put a lit on the car and haven't sprayed it yet. Hardtimes pushed me to go back simple and honestly I am having fun. I didn't think it would be possible after being in the 9s, feel like I am back in the early and mid 90s again.

·
Registered
276 Posts
2800 with me. I am not slipping the clutch yet and don't have a cage so I am keeping it at 11.50. That 11.22 was my first 5500 rpm launch that bogged the engine.

That's movin with no power adder. Weight?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts