Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here we go, I have a 391 sbc that I'm freshening this winter. It has non-platinum dart iron eagle 200's, edelbrock performer rpm with 1 inch spacer and a 750 demon. This is a street/strip 3,400lb 71 Nova with a turbo 350 trans. I am re-using the bottom end, the dart heads and edelbrock intake due to budget reasons with this motor, compression is 10.0:1. I drive the car a lot on the street and want good throttle response with a max rpm of 6,500ish?. I got a great deal on this brand new Reher-Morrison hyd roller cam part #410-201H. .549/.545 lift with a 1.5 rocker and 242/248 degrees @ .050 on a 112 degree lobe separation angle. Too big??

New comp rockers, morel lifters, new carb (pro systems or quick fuel), new pistons, rings, bearings and gaskets are all in store for this build. Also, the trans is being rebuild with a new converter as well.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for commenting Chris, I don't believe my set up requires a custom ground cam but could you recommend something that will work with the information given?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts