Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting in a new cage for a customer, this is what WAS in it, and yes it had a up to date inspection sticker from our local 1/8 mile track!
WOW, and yes ofcoarse it was black iron pipe!!!

NAH, who needs mouting plates????

door bar mounting!!! WTF?? and yes both sides matched

:-KFCD

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 3rd pic is very common,i even found that done on a cage built by a reputable shop.
REALLY??? Wow id be pissed if somebody installed my cage like that!!
I plate there, run a sill plate bar, then the door bar and A pillar bar all ty in together there...

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,840 Posts
You know over the years there has been some CRAZY ASS SHIT! out there getting a Cert.Sticker....Guess some of the Techs care more about the $$$$ they get for checking it than the safety of us! FUCK-THAT-SHIT!! :cool: You have got to LOVE pic # 3!!!!!! Ray Charles (May he R.I.P.) did that one.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
We have actually had some guys at a local track use:confused:............ Fence tubing as a cage, and they 45 the hoop bar, car was running low 6's in 1/8th.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,840 Posts
We have actually had some guys at a local track use:confused:............ Fence tubing as a cage, and they 45 the hoop bar, car was running low 6's in 1/8th.
I dont doubt it Dude! I have seen some rides in the past actually using Fucking Fence Tubing & it passed!!! Now that is some FUCKED UP SHIT!!! :confused: Can't imagine what the Fuck was going through the Dude's mind when he was attempting to build the Damn thing????

·
GOD
1,860 Posts
well i know some dummies that have put bars in their cars just to pass tech....they didnt want to have to cut their cars apart so they spot weld it in place and make sure the carpet covers all the welds....they pass tech too. kinda stupid if you ask me. it would do more damage than good in a crash

·
On the roller...
15,880 Posts
When you say fence tubing, do you mean like the shit for a chain link fence? WTF?

And WTF is with that 3rd pic? What's it mean when you half-ass a half-ass job? Quarter-ass?

·
On the roller...
15,880 Posts
well i know some dummies that have put bars in their cars just to pass tech....they didnt want to have to cut their cars apart so they spot weld it in place and make sure the carpet covers all the welds....they pass tech too. kinda stupid if you ask me. it would do more damage than good in a crash
Just clunk 'em in the back of the head with a piece of steel tubing. That's what they're shooting for...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Back in the later 80's, a guy had a really nice looking 67 ChevyII. Ran 6.50's. Had what looked like a spindle snap after the launch and he rolled it over 3 times. Car had exhaust tubing in it for a cage and with the bead that looked like it was tigged, was infact brazed. He did survive, but he was beat up and cut up bad. He said it was originally from Fla., but that didnt matter.
This was at an at the time IHRA track, but they went outlaw around mid 90's. Only requirement, to this day, is a helmet, for anythng.

Anyone looking at a used car, look it over close, and pic at welds with apocket knife. Seen a weld covered with silicone and painted....

·
Registered
364 Posts
I dont doubt it Dude! I have seen some rides in the past actually using Fucking Fence Tubing & it passed!!! Now that is some FUCKED UP SHIT!!! :confused: Can't imagine what the Fuck was going through the Dude's mind when he was attempting to build the Damn thing????
are you serious?? that is insane. you would be safer with no cage at all!

·
Brewmaster
12,623 Posts
One cage I saw that passed tech had the a-pillar bars kinked! When whoever built it, they sort of forgot that the doors had to close. So, they heated up the tube and bent it inwards so it would match the pillar. Not sure how old it was but that car had been running for quite a few years.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts