Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating putting a cheater plate system on my car for the last couple of races of the season just to see what I can do. My question is how much do you guys think my motor will handle safely?

I guess the thing I'm most concerned about is burning a piston. Also, my block is a 2 bolt main, is it even a good idea to install a kit with this lower end.

I'm sure there is more info you need on my combo, I'm just not sure what to add in this post.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Yeah give us some specs on the motor.. I wouldn't be affraid of spraying 150 shot on a 2 bolt block.. Just follow what the nitrous manual says..

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I have sprayed 200 on my 2 bolt 350 and 81olds has put 275 on his 2 bolt 400. so 150 Should be no problem at all, as long as it is installed and setup correctly. The guys at NOS are real helpful along with Monte and Jim here, Still learning from these guys!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor is a 496 BBC, 2 bolt. It has head and main studs. I'm running about 13:1 compression. The entire lower end is forged eagle and the pistons are SRP with a 43cc dome.
Heads are Brodix 2 plus, slightly ported.
If you need more info, just ask, I built it.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
You should be able to jet up to a 250 shot on it with no problems. The big cube BBC will take a lot more nitrous than a smaller CID motor. Start at a 150 setting and tune from there. Make sure you remove timing for each setting, flow the fuel side with the correct jet, select the right plug (1 colder for every 100HP of nitrous) and use a good grade fuel with the correct octane rating. You should be fine. Then jet up in 50HP settings.. Also make sure you are not driving threw the convertor..

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
thanks monte I think I get it. what I get from hutches post is 6385.8 rpm I go trough the traps at roughly 7500 on the hose and the motor dosen't sound or feel like its dropping rpm at the 1-2 or2-3 shift but i see it on the tach so it sounds to me like i'm driving trough the convertor what is the best fix for this or should i leave it I run drag raidals so could it be helping me get out of the hole being so loose?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts