Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the details from a friend, his brother in laws Buick was stolen out of his garage late Friday night early Sat. morning. He had the car on Craigs List and had a couple people look at it and seems they wanted it pretty bad. The car is all stock nothing distinctive on it. 36,000 miles clean car it was repainted on the drivers side. They broke the window into the garage and opened the door with out the opener and rolled the car out then drove off with it. They had called with a prepaid phone with an IL number but the car they drove had MO plates. I know its a long shot but if anyone in the St.Louis area sees anyone with a GN that didn't have one last week or sees one being parted let me know. Plate was a historic plate not sure of the number and it had aftermarket wheels all I can give for details. Also just a heads up for anyone listing on CL watch it the thiefs are.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They checked the phone # and it was a pre paid police said this isn't their first rodeo. The guys knew what they were doing. Thanks for the extra eyes out there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
fwiw there is a black grand national and a silver g-body parked in some shady ass apartments at the corner of marine ave and mckelvey in maryland heights. the black car has wheels on it. if the guy wants to go by and take a look and see if its his my number is 816-two six nine-6771 and i can direct him to it or run by myself in the morning and look for any distinguishing marks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Soon the only people with GN's are going to be the people that stole them.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a shame you can't enjoy the cars with out worry that someone is looking at it to steal it. I had an 86 and sold it a while back for the very reason

·
Registered
77 Posts
Assuming it was insured correctly, he may not want the thing back. I know if mine ever was to get stolen I dont want it back. Its insured for more than it would probably sell for.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is insured, and I agree. You know they drove it like they stole it, because they freakin did steal it. Just would like to see the scum bags get caught

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well that sucks but will definitly keep may eyes open around there area. I work all over st. louis area and illinois as well so will be on the look out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
As a GN owner this sickens me. I live in what most consider a safe, low crime area, however I don't like taking my car out anywhere I can't keep an eye on it. I'd drive it more, but honestly I'm afraid some asshole with mess with it or steal it.

Yes, I have insurance on it, also for more than what it would likely sell for, but that's beside the point.

·
Registered
685 Posts
What happened with that lead they nail any scum riders.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts