Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the stupid EPA mandated self sealing refrigerant 12 oz cans like R134? Now I have to buy a new value to use them. I wonder how many shade tree mechanics are going to try their old valves made for the puncture type and screw up the can and end up releasing all the R134 in the air.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I still have the old clamp over yellow that pokes a hole in the side of the can that I will return to service. Have been using the normal top puncture. EPA, adding more rubber and parts,,,cuz that's good for the environment. Stupid, on the take, or both they are.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Just got a recharge yesterday. Mechanic was telling me about refrigerants. Said the 134a he used is about 3 bucks a pound.

Now because of the EPA new vehicle refrigerant is almost30 bucks a pound.
Said he just ordered some and it cost $880 for a canister.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
This is the old patent expires, change a few molecules, re patent and start fucking again. These are the type things our government should be protecting us from, instead of running the god damn soap opera they're involved with now.

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Anyone use the stupid EPA mandated self sealing refrigerant 12 oz cans like R134? Now I have to buy a new value to use them. I wonder how many shade tree mechanics are going to try their old valves made for the puncture type and screw up the can and end up releasing all the R134 in the air.
Fucking Trump, man.

Come on brother, you said you were going to get rid of these faggots.

Did you guys know they have an army?:p

"EPA goes paramilitary, conducts armed raids with 'POLICE' jackets, checking for water quality"

https://www.naturalnews.com/042044_EPA_armed_raids_water_quality.html

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R1234YF stuff is around $800 for 10#'s, this is the flammable stuff.

This is so stupid,If we have to resort to a flammable refrigerant, we might as well use the propane/butane mix for refrigerant, but we know its all a money grab and corruption anyways

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
6,868 Posts
Just got a recharge yesterday. Mechanic was telling me about refrigerants. Said the 134a he used is about 3 bucks a pound.

Now because of the EPA new vehicle refrigerant is almost30 bucks a pound.
Said he just ordered some and it cost $880 for a canister.
Bullshit, I’m selling 134 for 13.00 a pound. R-22 34.45 a pound. I order pallets of Freon every 2 weeks.

I’ve heard some places are charging 98 bucks a pound for R22. Office lady had to have her hvac recharged, 98 a pound, held 10 lbs. Fuckin rip off.

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
6,868 Posts
I bough some 30's of R134 last year for $120, I was told last year that the new R1234YF stuff is around $800 for 10#'s, this is the flammable stuff.

Several refrigerants are flammable, it’s not new.

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Bought a 30 lb can of 134A last year locally for ?? under a hundred I think. It has an oddball fitting, I think they call it "1/2" Acme". Adapters available to 1/4" flare

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Bullshit, I’m selling 134 for 13.00 a pound. R-22 34.45 a pound. I order pallets of Freon every 2 weeks.

I’ve heard some places are charging 98 bucks a pound for R22. Office lady had to have her hvac recharged, 98 a pound, held 10 lbs. Fuckin rip off.
So why did you charge her $98.00 a pound? :p

I'm assume she works for you, why didn't you do it?

·
Registered
6,565 Posts

Don't care what you pay for 134 or r-22. This is the new 1234y.

Read post 8 if you don't believe me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts