Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
LS Powah!
11,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about the new LT1. How does it compare to the LS it is replacing? What are the similarities and differences? How does the LT respond to modifications? Will it replace the LS as the engine swap of choice? Please keep things civil and on topic.

·
Registered
17,792 Posts
I don't know much about the new LT1. How does it compare to the LS it is replacing? What are the similarities and differences? How does the LT respond to modifications? Will it replace the LS as the engine swap of choice? Please keep things civil and on topic.
The valve placement on the LT is the same as a SBF. Block is reinforced. Oiling issues are said to be a thing of the past. Cooling is said to be improved allowing for higher compression.

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
The valve placement on the LT is the same as a SBF. Block is reinforced. Oiling issues are said to be a thing of the past. Cooling is said to be improved allowing for higher compression.
Is'nt the new LT the one where they copied an FE in the sense that the manifold goes under the valvecover a little bit??

·
Registered
17,792 Posts
And the new LT isn't a copy of a 50 year old ford either :rolleyes:
Sure looks like it to me......after years of hearing how bad the Ford was for the way the ports and valves are laid out. We now have chevy with the same shit. Funny how this is all forgotten.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Sure looks like it to me......after years of hearing how bad the Ford was for the way the ports and valves are laid out. We now have chevy with the same shit. Funny how this is all forgotten.
That's because you are a phucking retard:-~hang

·
Registered
17,792 Posts
That's because you are a phucking retard:-~hang
For over a half centry everybody had the sbc rammed down their throats. Every excuse in the world was given. The valve and port layout was the biggest of them all.....and now we have this. But like I said....the LT is a great motor. Chevy should be proud.

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
Just the 3/4 cylinder head and 1/4 intake layout, and the skirted block are similarities to the FE....other than that, Im sure its all traditional Bow Tie!!

·
LS Powah!
11,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much compression can the LT run with pump gas?

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Havent played with a gen V LT yet although I did check one out fully disassembled and was very impressed with the fit, finish and overall QC of the parts. The heads have less angle and clean looking ports and the oiling seems to be spot on. A lot of the design is a natural evolution from LSx architecture, rather than a completely fresh make up when the sbc/LSx leap happened and thats a good thing imo as the LSx isn't lacking for much. Some of the bigger shops have not been posting much at ALL since the dawn of LT's arrived so they must be busy developing and testing. Maybe some will post up more details but as of now thats about all I have to offer :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts