Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have -12 line run from my fuel cell to carb as a supply line, now my question is on the return side it states to run -10 line back to the cell should I do this or flip flop the to lines to the -10 inlet and a -12 return.. I'm sorry to beat a dead horse but everyone is all over the map larger return etc. please give me some knowledge.

Street car shooting for 700-800 at the wheel...
F1R
a1000 pump
468 big block
Brodix heads BB2 plus
jesel rockers

·
Registered
829 Posts
to each his own. but for a 700-800 street car i think -12 to the reg is overkill. I was told by Mr Morris to run -12 to pump -10 to reg and -10 return.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that and it is only getting pushed by a little a1000

Are motive told me the pump would support 1200 with -10 lines and above... I stayed up half the night read posts and like I said everyone is all over the map. Steve talked about friction and larger line would be less friction.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have -10 to the pump, -10 feed, split into 8's into the rails, 8's outta the rails to the reg, -10 return. I will upgrade the pump feed to -12 eventually.

just made 890rw w/ an A1000

Chris

·
Registered
287 Posts
-12 from cell to pump -10 from pump to regulator -12 return just my 2 cents this was how it is explained on the how to dyno your motor video from Steve Morris. It is all so in the instructions from magna Fuel.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a weldon 1100-a I already had -8 to and fro The techy at weldon said if I have problems with the fuel pressure creeping then I should go up to -10 on the return side. 496 d1sc 12lbs boost C&S carb, C&S holley style boost reference regulator engine is supposed to be around to be around 800. So far so good!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Check out Steve Morris' ProCharger Basics video. I run a Magnafuel 500 with Aeromotive regulator running -12 from the cell to the pump, then -10 to the regulator and -12 return. I know this works very well under 1000 hp with a carb.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
It's funny that nobody has mentioned the CAPACITY of their fuel cell/gas tanks. Think, (harder) people.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's funny that nobody has mentioned the CAPACITY of their fuel cell/gas tanks. Think, (harder) people.
I have a ten gallon with -12 supply in the sump and a -10 fuel return on top or in the sump... I'm sure a stock tank wouldn't cut it unless someone modded the connections...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts