Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basics of car:
68 Camaro, aluminum headed bbc, stock suspension with caltracs, ranchos and the splits in rear. Up front I have tubular control arms with the QA R Series coil overs (I know several of you will say to get rid of them, but that's what I have right now and would like to make work if possible). I haven't measured my front end lift yet (will do that tonight when I get home), but I'm not sure its the 5-6" recommended in most of the other posts I have read through. Also, I just put on the split mono leafs going from a landrum mono leaf so I haven't got it to the track yet to see how much if any improvement those made. My best 60 ft so far on the 275 drag radial is a 1.50 launching off the brake at 2500 rpms (any higher and the car spins). The car is running 10.60s at 126 so far on motor up here in colorado with the DAs in the low 8000s. I think I may have some room for improvement in my 60 ft and think it lies in the front suspension. My question is this:

If i adjust the ride height on the coilovers (lower it) will I get any more travel out of it? If not, do they make another spring rate for it?

If I can't get the coil over setup to work and I go back to the moroso front springs (had them with my smallblock in the car), what spring rate would yall recommend to order (big block, aluminum heads no inner fender wells, fatory radiator, manual steerin box and such)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thats whats on the front of my car and it works fine i also have 6 inches of travel in the front and we run in the 7's consistanly

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another quick question. How do you measure the front end travel? If I just pick up on the front end, I only get about 2"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I measure front end travel by first measuring from the center of the wheel to the top edge of the wheel lip (at normal ride height). Then I lift the front end up with the wheels in the air and take the measurement again. The difference is the front end travel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts