Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm flowing fuel into a graduated cylinder and the flow changes without changing a thing. The psi is 6.25 and it will flow 260cc then you do it again and it flows 300cc. I'm guessing its my regulator!! This is with the car not running but on a charger. Its a holley regulator. Thanks!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to get it at 260. When it does flow 260 its a nice stream and when it flows the 300 its a very sloppy flow, not really a stream.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does the pump motor sound like it is turning the same rpm. You may take a volt reading to see if it is staying the same.If it is not that will cause it not to flow the same.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To get the proper flow of fuel for the set up we are trying to run. The engine builder told us to try and get it at 260cc on a 225 big shot. I'm going to flow it through a flow tool instead. The engine builder is pissing me off and not helping much. The car smokes (rich) down track. I'm just trying to get it right.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
i missing somthing what are you timing it and no flow gauge.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i missing somthing what are you timing it and no flow gauge.
Its 10 seconds through the jet. The engine builder has some sort of formula:( I'm going to trash can his idea and go with the flow gauge. The car runs very strong. I'm just looking to fine tune it thats all. Sorry for being not clear.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
no thats cool i just didnt understand.yeah i would just flow it and make a pass read the plugs and adjust as needed it works for most of us.ill bet there is no problem with the regulator its probably if your off by a half second timing it or if the line is full or not when you switch it on will give different results.just to many variables doing it like that i would think.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What pump is it and is it the one pump for n/a and spray or just the pump for the spray? Line size? How big of a hit? What fuel pressure?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts