Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much reading on the torque arm topics, it seems that the general consensus is that you want the torque arm to be pointing down about 2 degrees in the front. Why is that???? What happens if its angled more up/down???? Will it make the car act differently???

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I use a arm that is similar to the wolf ,long compaired to most . the front of the arm works best with the front of the armat the center of the shaft to 1/2 inch below the center line of the shaft . I made my brackets with a few more holes. also -1 to 0 seems to hit the tires hard enough to get up on the tire without standing up. i use the bottom hole on the relocation brackets will blow the tires off in any other hole. I also use ride height adjusters and played with how hi the car sets. and the angle of the lower arm moves the instant center way more than anything else. I like to hit the tires hard and use travel in the front and shock s to fit the track.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So lowering or raising the front of the torque arm doesn't really affect the "hit" like a ladder bar would? Its mostly controlled with the lower control arms?

·
Registered
383 Posts
correct height adjustments made at the front of the TQ arm results in very little or no improvements. As everyone else stated set your pinion and control arm angles and have some fun.

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
correct height adjustments made at the front of the TQ arm results in very little or no improvements. As everyone else stated set your pinion and control arm angles and have some fun.
What effect would pinion angle have on the performance of the car ? It is not active. Unless of course you have to little and the shaft whips from a zero angle crossing on travel.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. The Spohn torque arm I currently have is actually angled down about 8 degrees at the front. There is no adjustment at the front to change it.
The car hooks great.....as you can see in my avatar. Its just a bracket car with a naturally aspirated 379" SBC....it will sixty ft 1.34-1.35 all day long on the 275/60 M/T drag radials. My biggest problem is wheelies.....if I have the 2step any higher than 3,000 rpms, its going straight on the back bumper.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
a car that goes on the bumper put limiters on the front and if you can increase air pressure . I also turn the rear shocks up one click at a time remeber one thing if you are going up you are not going forward. Look at it like this think of every movement the car makes at the hit and try to minimize each one a movment untile you spin. then change one thing at a time and see what the car wonts to do. Limiters are cheap and will lower your short time if the car is on the tire enough to handle it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts