1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
136,690 Posts
With some friendly competition between the two company’s maybe we’ll see those Coyote powered pro mods get more competitive with the big motors

https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/bangshift1320-drag-racing-new-products/accufab-announces-new-billet-coyote-blocks-available-soon-order-yours-now/
Why are billet blocks needed? I was told by the Ford loyalist (including you) that the stock blocks can handle unlimited power..

Just like Ford.. always copying Chevy...

BTW Andy Jensen said bring them!! :cool::cool:

·
Registered
20,778 Posts
Why are billet blocks needed? I was told by the Ford loyalist (including you) that the stock blocks can handle unlimited power..

Don't forget they have also said when it becomes a billet block it stops being a Chevy.

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,654 Posts
Don't forget they have also said when it becomes a billet block it stops being a Chevy.
They said the same thing about cast aluminum Pontiac blocks.

If a cast block based 100% off the original is no longer considered a Pontiac, a billet block cannot be considered a Ford.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I guess if you wanna run faster than 5.8 then they are.:smt052

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They said the same thing about cast aluminum Pontiac blocks.

If a cast block based 100% off the original is no longer considered a Pontiac, a billet block cannot be considered a Ford.
What if the engine still has a production cylinder head on it??

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When it’s a billet block/billet head then it’s not a Ford anymore. :p

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,691 Posts
Everybody copies everybody on everything.
It will forever be that way.
Every which way you can, every time....

·
Registered
629 Posts
I wonder what Andy would run with twins, 3 extra cams and 16 extra valves on a SBC!!!! Bahahahahahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBbP61javxs
How big is his motor again? I don’t see that car running a 5.80 @256 iirc with less than 400” I’m sure it would run close to the same ET if it had the extra cams, valves, and same displacement. I’d like to see what those mmr cars would run with a coyote the was the same displacement as Andy’s motor.

·
Administrator
136,690 Posts
How big is his motor again? I don’t see that car running a 5.80 @256 iirc with less than 400” I’m sure it would run close to the same ET if it had the extra cams, valves, and same displacement. I’d like to see what those mmr cars would run with a coyote the was the same displacement as Andy’s motor.
It's 427 CID.. with a single turbo.. ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
It's 427 CID.. with a single turbo.. ;)
427”, huge single, aftermarket everything, at 2150lb minimum. Vs 351”, smaller turbos, and factory head castings, at 2350lb minimum. Would be a very close race if they weighed the same.

Maybe he should throw 200lbs of ballast in that car and see how it does compared to mmr’s cars.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,527 Posts
427”, huge single, aftermarket everything, at 2150lb minimum. Vs 351”, smaller turbos, and factory head castings, at 2350lb minimum. Would be a very close race if they weighed the same.

Maybe he should throw 200lbs of ballast in that car and see how it does compared to mmr’s cars.
Why don’t the MMR cars ever show up at a rade?

1 - 20 of 255 Posts