Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN YOU USE THE OLD STYLE SOLID LINKAGE TO SELECT BETWEEN THE GEARS?....IS THERE A BRACKET FOR THE TRANS?....OR DO YOU HAVE TO SWITCH OVER?.;....I'M MISSING THE BRACKET FOR THE SELECTOR ON THE TRANS.....AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH ROUTE TO TAKE....I'D RATHER KEEP THE COLUMN SHIFTER IF POSSIBLE...THANKS

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Click this link, scroll down to "rod linkage".

You may be able flip it down and hook the factory linkage to it.

Link:

http://www.shiftworks.com/4lx.htm
THANKS....I WAS WONDERING IF A STOCK STYLE OLD SOLID LINKAGE COULD BE USED....AND WHERE I COULD GET THE SLIP IN STYLE BRACKET....JUNKYARD I'M HOPING....INSTEAD OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH A STEALERSHIP

·
pist'n Broke
20,941 Posts
CAN YOU USE THE OLD STYLE SOLID LINKAGE TO SELECT BETWEEN THE GEARS?....IS THERE A BRACKET FOR THE TRANS?....OR DO YOU HAVE TO SWITCH OVER?.;....I'M MISSING THE BRACKET FOR THE SELECTOR ON THE TRANS.....AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH ROUTE TO TAKE....I'D RATHER KEEP THE COLUMN SHIFTER IF POSSIBLE...THANKS
what no paddle shifter..:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
THANKS....I WAS WONDERING IF A STOCK STYLE OLD SOLID LINKAGE COULD BE USED....AND WHERE I COULD GET THE SLIP IN STYLE BRACKET....JUNKYARD I'M HOPING....INSTEAD OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH A STEALERSHIP
You don't have any connections to get discounts at dealers?

Sometimes new parts are not that costly or worth the time and effort of scrapyard hoppin'.

·
Capri For Sale
12,907 Posts

Unless your truck is from a different planet than mine the dealership isn't going to be much help when it comes to parts. I got most of my stuff from LMC.

·
Smoked another CTD
3,953 Posts
Remember they made One Ton Crew Cabs Square till 1991. You could get a 4L80e in those trucks. So the linkage is out there in a wrecking yard somewhere.

·
Smoked another CTD
3,953 Posts
Are you sure? I thought they were all turbo 400's, or a 700r4(tv cable) not electronic.
Pretty sure. PennDot had a bunch of 1991 2wd Crew Cabs. Pulled several out for cores from those trucks.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Fullsize vans had 80E as well.

The shifter bracketry/outside linkage is probably the same for pretty near every GM trans in your particular vehicle, it's the detent in the column you'll have to deal with, and the possibility of not having enough stroke to get it into manual 1.

What the fuck are we working on here, by the way?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fullsize vans had 80E as well.

The shifter bracketry/outside linkage is probably the same for pretty near every GM trans in your particular vehicle, it's the detent in the column you'll have to deal with, and the possibility of not having enough stroke to get it into manual 1.

What the fuck are we working on here, by the way?
84 C10....IT HAS THE METAL ROD...THAT COMES OFF THE COLUMN...I'LL GET SOME PICS

http://vid611.photobucket.com/albums...psbsqfgm6m.mp4

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THIS IS THE BRACKET THAT FITS THE LINKAGE....I FOUND THIS ON THE INTERNET....NOT SURE IF THIS EVEN WORKS.....BUT IT'S WHAT I HAD IN MIND....

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
You don't need the cable and bracket that mounts to the pan. That's only used in a floor shift application, where the rods that go up to the column are used for neutral safety and reverse lighting.

Just use the rod and that bracket on the PRNDL and the stock shifter linkage business.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts