·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello,

Let me answer some questions about the GO Lithium products.

The GO Lithium 16 volt batteries are the only lithium battery produced for the automotive market using our exclusive prismatic cell technology. This cell tech makes our battery extremely durable and perfectly suited for the racing markets. All other manufactures of lithium cranking batteries use multiple (up to 36)small cylindrical cells all wired together, creating multiple points of failure in the battery.
I/we designed this battery from the ground up specifically for the racing industry with durability and power as the most important priorities.

Since 2-1-15 we have sold 100 batteries and have completed the 2015 racing season without one single warranty claim..NO other battery manufacturer can claim that..Lithium,lead Acid or AGM...We are very proud of this accomplishment!!

We are also turning the racing battery market on its head with our pricing...we are proud of that as well.

We currently have our batteries in:
Drag Cars- Including and up to the Fitzpatrick Racing Comp Eliminator and Shane Molinaris Pro Mod.
Asphalt Super Late Models
Dirt Late Models
Dirt Modifieds
and Drag Boats..In every application a single 16 volt GO Lithium battery performed flawlessly.

For a more in depth description of the GO Lithium Battery and charger please feel free to call me @ 800-393-9951 or visit our website at www.golithium.com.

Thank you,
Doug

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello,

The GO Lithium 16 volt batteries are the only lithium battery produced for the automotive market using our exclusive prismatic cell technology. This cell tech makes our battery extremely durable and perfectly suited for the racing markets. All other manufactures of lithium cranking batteries use multiple (up to 36)small cylindrical cells all wired together, creating multiple points of failure in the battery.
I/we designed this battery from the ground up specifically for the racing industry with durability and power as the most important priorities.

Since 2-1-15 we have sold 100 batteries and have completed the 2015 racing season without one single warranty claim..NO other battery manufacturer can claim that..Lithium,lead Acid or AGM...We are very proud of this accomplishment!!

We are also turning the racing battery market on its head with our pricing...we are proud of that as well.

Drag Cars- Including and up to the Fitzpatrick Racing Comp Eliminator and Shane Molinaris Pro Mod.
Dirt Late Models
Dirt Modifieds
and Drag Boats..In every application a single 16 volt GO Lithium battery performed flawlessly.

For a more in depth description of the GO Lithium Battery and charger please feel free to call me @ 800-393-9951 or visit our website at www.golithium.com.

Thank you,
Doug
What about changing time for us drag racers?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thank you for your question...

The charge times will depend on specific amp draw and times will vary with each customer due to equipment being powered. How much power do you use during a run? The GO Lithium charger is 10amp @ 17.75volts. Shane has been running a single battery with our older 6amp charger in a pro mod without any turnaround issues.

http://www.golithium.com/products/GO_Lithium_16_Volt_Battery_Charger-2-2.html

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thank you for your question,

The GO Lithium battery charger has a 10amp charge rate. It will really depend on you total amp draw during a run to know how quickly the battery will recharge.

Shane has been running a single GO Lithium battery and charging it with our older 6 amp charger in his pro mod and turn around hasn't been an issue.

I hope this helps, but results will vary per customer based on total amp draw of your vehicle.

I will say if you are currently running a battery in your race car ours will do a better job without question.

http://www.golithium.com/products/GO_Lithium_16_Volt_Battery_Charger-2-2.html

Thank you,
Doug

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
Hello,

Dirt Late Models
Dirt Modifieds

Thank you,
Doug
Shelf life?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello ,

Shelf life on the Battery if disconnected from the car is less than 4% a month. If connected to the car it will vary depending on how much parasitic drag you have. All cars have some drag so it would be advisable to disconnect the battery for long periods of storage.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Life expectancy in a drag racing application?
Life expectancy in a drag racing, or any application really, is based on depth of discharge. If you were to use 10amps of power per run resulting in a 50% depth of discharge the battery would be working at 100% of rated power for 17,500 charges. I would think the 10 amp /run figure would be the most a drag racer would use.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I would think the 10 amp /run figure would be the most a drag racer would use.
A nitrous car with multiple kits, electric fans, water pump, big fuel pump, ignition, plus misc other electronics is going to draw WAY more than that. Nitrous kits alone are going to draw at a minimum 3X that amount.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A nitrous car with multiple kits, electric fans, water pump, big fuel pump, ignition, plus misc other electronics is going to draw WAY more than that. Nitrous kits alone are going to draw at a minimum 3X that amount.
Hello,

What battery or batteries are you currently using in the Pro mod? If amp draw is that much higher a team could run 2 Go Lithium batteries at only 16lbs total and have 40amp hours of reserve power.

One more thing I should state is the GO Lithium battery is 1/2 the size of a a standard lead acid or AGM battery. We did this on purpose for ease of installing dual battery systems.

Thank you,
Doug

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello,

What battery or batteries are you currently using in the Pro mod? If amp draw is that much higher a team could run 2 Go Lithium batteries at only 16lbs total and have 40amp hours of reserve power.

One more thing I should state is the GO Lithium battery is 1/2 the size of a a standard lead acid or AGM battery. We did this on purpose for ease of installing dual battery systems.

Thank you,
Doug

How do you recommend maintaining the battery when not in use? I have herd about Lithium batteries catching on fire when charging or not charging and getting so low that they are no longer any good?

·
Registered
203 Posts
How do you recommend maintaining the battery when not in use? I have herd about Lithium batteries catching on fire when charging or not charging and getting so low that they are no longer any good?

Hello,

When the battery is not in use I would suggest removing it from the car and storing in moderate temperatures..A 50-60 degree shop/room would be fine. Then once a month put the charger on it and top it off. As far as fires when charging a GO Lithium prismatic cell battery. That has never occurred, and never will.
I guess I should explain a little about Lithium Batteries. Just because a battery contains lithium they are not all the same..Not by any measure. There are many different lithium blends and many types of cells. Go Lithium batteries are not manufactured with cell phone or lap top battery technology.

GO Lithium batteries are made with what we consider, and 0 warranty claims in 2015 prove, the most stable blend of lithium and a far superior prismatic cell design.

Thank you,
Doug

http://www.golithium.com/index.php?p=home

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello,

When the battery is not in use I would suggest removing it from the car and storing in moderate temperatures..A 50-60 degree shop/room would be fine. Then once a month put the charger on it and top it off. As far as fires when charging a GO Lithium prismatic cell battery. That has never occurred, and never will.
I guess I should explain a little about Lithium Batteries. Just because a battery contains lithium they are not all the same..Not by any measure. There are many different lithium blends and many types of cells. Go Lithium batteries are not manufactured with cell phone or lap top battery technology.

GO Lithium batteries are made with what we consider, and 0 warranty claims in 2015 prove, the most stable blend of lithium and a far superior prismatic cell design.

Thank you,
Doug

http://www.golithium.com/index.php?p=home

So for a Nitrous motor with multiple kits do you recommend one or two batteries?

·
Registered
924 Posts
After speaking with Doug yesterday, we ordered one of these units for our Camaro. Doug is very knowledgeable. I will post again once we run it.

Thanks for your help Doug.

Rich
I spoke with him yesterday as well,seems very knowledgeable and super nice guy to talk to. Curious to see your thoughts on the battery .. My only concern is if it will support everything I have running on a pass ....v300, 2 rule 3700 pumps , electric pump,big stuff , etc

·
Registered
396 Posts
Check out Lithium Pros L-1600, Ton @ GNRC 267-446-3525 give me a great price. And it performs great. Just my 2-cents.

1 - 20 of 550 Posts