Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting mixed answers on sizing. Stock CI LS9 all forged. Looking into the VS Racing 88mm Billet w/103mm wheel. 1.32 AR. I am told it is too small and will peak early, then again am told it is too big.

Mods are K1 Crank/Rods/Diamond Pistons, LS3 heads, TSP Stage 2 Turbo cam, stock LS3 Intake, and Z06 Silver Blade TB.

Using a modified CX Racing kit in a C6Z. T6 Flange/fender exit/retaining AC.

·
Registered
16,086 Posts
My 5.3, 799 headed, truck intake with an S480 makes 1000 on C16 @ 23#. You'll have no issues reaching that goal, and then some............as long as your tunes are spot on!

·
Registered
201 Posts
With IAT < 120F and 93, 800whp is likely on edge or limit at 7000. Higher rpm would make it easier (8K+). Don't get greedy. The plugs will tell the story. What compression?

Crazy story - I literally woke up from a dream this morning with a clear image in my mind of 4 spark plugs in my hand that were melted down worse than I've ever seen. The dream - I decided to take a blown BBC drag boat for a run down the lake. I thought I'd just run it up past 7K and all would be good without putting race fuel in or adjusting tune for weak fuel. Well... that didn't work out so well and the motor shutdown. As dreams go, there's always a weird twist. Only 1 bank melted all the plugs. The other bank, plugs were all fine. Then I woke up. Likely a fuel supply issue on the 1 bank, as I think about it now? Crazy what are minds come up with even when sleeping! OP, sorry to high jack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’d be more concerned with lifting ls3 heads.
LS3 heads have seen over 1k multiple times. 12mm LS9 headstuds should help.
With IAT < 120F and 93, 800whp is likely on edge or limit at 7000. Higher rpm would make it easier (8K+). Don't get greedy. The plugs will tell the story. What compression?

Crazy story - I literally woke up from a dream this morning with a clear image in my mind of 4 spark plugs in my hand that were melted down worse than I've ever seen. The dream - I decided to take a blown BBC drag boat for a run down the lake. I thought I'd just run it up past 7K and all would be good without putting race fuel in or adjusting tune for weak fuel. Well... that didn't work out so well and the motor shutdown. As dreams go, there's always a weird twist. Only 1 bank melted all the plugs. The other bank, plugs were all fine. Then I woke up. Likely a fuel supply issue on the 1 bank, as I think about it now? Crazy what are minds come up with even when sleeping! OP, sorry to high jack.
10.5:1 and not trying to spin to the moon. Actually swapping plans to twins instead of a single, no turbo parts are purchased so plans are not concrete.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you can fit twins.... then do twin BWS366 SXE's.... or the VS equivalent. I also run a 376ci LS9 block, forged crank/rods/pistons, MAST LS3 heads, stock LS3 intake, with ID1600's and a Precision T4 88mm turbo with billet wheel (rated at 1450hp) with a T56 Magnum, 3.31 gears/26" tire in my 2900lb RX-7 and while it spools not as quickly as the GTS76 (1200hp) that was on there.... it definitely pulls a lot harder up top. I shift in the low 7000rpm range and have shifted plenty of times up at 7500-7800rpm. I use the Holley Dominator EFI and pump e85. Makes 1060rwhp on 14psi and conservative timing. At 21-22psi it is a wild ride (Never dynoed higher than 14psi).

On the GTS76 it wen low 9'[email protected] pretty much maxxed out. On the new 88mm it has gobs left and should go low 170's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts