Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Thursday evening, about 6 PM, disaster nearly struck team JAMA. It was only by the grace of God someone did not get hurt or killed.

As we drove down I-81 in northern PA headed to our next event, the coupler on the front of our trailer failed. I've seen a lot of things in my time, but nothing like this, the picture is worth 1000 words.

The problems with our trailer have been well-documented, but little published, since we purchased it some 2 and a half years ago.

With this being our second major failure this season, and a very serious one, we can no longer take the risk of towing this trailer from event to event.

While we look at our options and try to figure out what God wants us to do next we will have to suspend all activities with the exception of visiting, counseling and Sunday morning services. We'll hold services in the stands or tower facility depending on the track. Naturally (and understandably) this will park the car for the duration

Blessings,
Mark

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I wish you guys were closer. I would weld about 20lb of steel on that SOB. You would have a hard time breaking it again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

We did reinforce it and made it back to Georgia last night. We are so done with this trailer. It's been a nightmare since we bought it. The guy who made it has tried to make it right, but short of a new frame and a few other items, it's not worth trying to fix.

Believe it or not, we had a guy call today that wants to buy it. He knows all about all of the problems and yet is still willing to purchase it. I told him to make me an offer. We'll see. I'm thinking $5000 to $6000 would be plenty fair and would give us a nice down payment towards a new trailer.

For now, we'll be ministering minus all the stuff we usually bring in the trailer. Can't wait to see how He's going to work all of this out... I'm certain it'll be interesting!! When you walk with Jesus it always is... :-D

Blessings,
Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad everything is alright Mark.....It won't be the same not racing against you. Do you want to race my car to defend your championship. I know its a Ford but it wont hurt ya. Get the problem fixed soon and let him lead the way.
Jim

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jim... as I would expect from you, a very generous offer. However, no need, this was/is God's championship, not ours. It's up to Him to defend it and I'm very OK with what ever He decides... Besides, I'd rather watch you and Scott battle for a championship :-D

We are looking at a couple of options on trailers. Everything from a small stacker, 26' to a 28' ATC. Got a guy willing to help us out, just have to get the funding together. :D

We're just gonna wait on God... He'll show us what He wants us to do. I'd rather be a step behind Him than a step ahead. As a good friend of mine from Oklahoma would say this ain't nothin' but a thing :-D

All of our stuff is OK, from the ministry to race operations... we could have lost all of it. He protected us and those around us.

I guarantee what the enemy meant for harm, God will us for good, guarantee it!

Blessings,
Mark

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Yikes glad to hear everyone is ok. I know how hard it can be sometimes when things consistantly dont go right, but you have a very positive attitude and sounds like you'll be up & running in no time :) If i can help please let me know.

Kelly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts