1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Dam. That's like Top Fuel carnage!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Shit Chris that looks like the pistons in your motor :smt005 some big dogs..
I will say that is a pile of scrap :cry: bad buzzzzzzz

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That same thing happened to Max Simpson's tractor about 10 years ago at the NPTA National event in Ionia Michigan, I was there, it was incredible. In their case the pressure release valve malfunctioned so the block gernaded. It was the Screaming Demon II tractor from Charlotte Michigan, anyway the picture you posted looks identical to the ones I have at home except there are four turbos, LOL. The tractor in your pictures was the points leader at the event I was at 10 years ago as well.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Wow, I never knew there were any pulling fans on this site. I have been a avid pulling fan my whole life. My dad started taking me to BG when I was just a baby. You can always count on them to have some real good carnage

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
don't they run over 100psi through those engines

·
Morrell Booster
6,893 Posts
Justin said:
Wow, I never knew there were any pulling fans on this site. I have been a avid pulling fan my whole life. My dad started taking me to BG when I was just a baby. You can always count on them to have some real good carnage

Let me get this straight. your dad took you to Billy Gliddens so you could pull it or Billy could pull it??? :smt005

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Oops I must clarify. BG stands for Bowling Green which is pretty much the biggest tractor pull on the planet. And leave your fantasy about Billy Glidden out of this, I dont think I'm his type :-D

·
from across the pond...
6,930 Posts
obviously the JB weld he used was not "even better than bailing wire".. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
His call to the breakdown mechanic must have been good also...
Driver,"it wont start"
Mechanic," is it turning over?"
driver"the tractor is yes......" :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Your English humor is killing me :smt044
How you been Andy? 8)

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Seen a T/F go once at the top end, big fireball. Came to rest and the blower was still connected to the heads, but absolutely nothing under them. It was like the block just disappeared. Felt bad for the guy as he was independant and broke, and basically had just blew all of his savings.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Thats kinda common on the IH tractors when you start milling the block and enlarging the cam tunnel area for more lift and a larger core.

The craziest carnage I've ever witnessed was this summer when my trusty, always starts no-matter-what weed eater blew up this summer, it was a 1982 Homelite (so old it didn't have automatic string feeder). I belly-ached to my wife for weeks after that.

Tom Cowle

·
Registered
118 Posts
"]
obviously the JB weld h[quote="redvictore used was not "even better than bailing wire"..
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
His call to the breakdown mechanic must have been good also...
Driver,"it wont start"
Mechanic," is it turning over?"
driver"the tractor is yes......" :smt005 :smt005 :smt005[/quote]

I just laughed out loud. The JB weld part is some funny shit! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

·
Registered
1 Posts
N2Ojunkie said:
don't they run over 100psi through those engines
Actually, most of them have been running over 200 psi for years, with a 3-stage turbo setup. From what I've heard, the big guys are running about 2,500 Hp.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
They setup the pressure release valve at 200psi, if it fails, well, look at the photos, LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts