1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
49,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20,223 Posts
I thought hemis used a staggered carb layout. Am I thinking of something else?

edit: searched and I see pics of it both ways. Was it an option or just depended on the make of car?

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,197 Posts
Never been too many smart people in that town.

·
Aviation Section
24,877 Posts
You never know what might me hiding in one of those old garages in the Northeast! Rochester is my home town and I miss the old Rochester, the new Rottenchester
has really changed and is not like the old at all. Dave

·
Registered
16,378 Posts
Actually, if everything is as he states, that’s not an outrageous asking price.

Many 426 Hemis have traded in the 25-30k range. He doesn’t state that the tranny is an 18 spline, but of course it should be. And they are an 833, not 883.

A lot of expensive parts on that!!!

·
Super Moderator
45,277 Posts
Actually, if everything is as he states, that’s not an outrageous asking price.

Many 426 Hemis have traded in the 25-30k range. He doesn’t state that the tranny is an 18 spline, but of course it should be. And they are an 833, not 883.

A lot of expensive parts on that!!!
I don't know Mopar values very well. Is an original 68 Hemi Super Bee, restored nicely, worth that much when done to warrant someone paying 38k for that engine and trans? Were there many made, or is that combo rare?

·
Super Moderator
45,277 Posts
And for an engine with only 800 miles on it,....why does the fan look like a "painted over rust" piece?

Reactions: wolf Wengler

·
Registered
653 Posts
Um 800 miles is 3,200 1/4 mile passes. A bunch of these Hemi cars went straight to the drag strip. And beat on.

·
Registered
40,999 Posts
I thought hemis used a staggered carb layout. Am I thinking of something else?

edit: searched and I see pics of it both ways. Was it an option or just depended on the make of car?
Drag Hemis had staggered Holley carbs, the Street Hemi had inline Carters.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would imagine any engine setting for that long would maybe have rust on the fan blades.

I have seen a lot of engines in the Chevelle world that was true barn finds that basically were brand new, but anything setting that long would need to be dismantled and put back together due to galvanic corrosion/electrolysis and cleaned up before running.

·
Super Moderator
45,277 Posts
I would imagine any engine setting for that long would maybe have rust on the fan blades.
That's true,... I was only thinking miles, not age.

·
Registered
653 Posts
You want $38,000 and you couldn't find anything better than a wheel dolly and some 2x4s to display an engine like that???? Plus whats the deal with the flex dip stick tube??
1593705232584.png

·
Registered
19,275 Posts
Again 38k lol
More barrett jackass bs numbers
Get a modern hemi crate engine with 600 or so hp for a 1/3 of price
Its a spray painted junk anchor

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,344 Posts
Too much.

That said, those 426 Hemis are worth boku bucks. A local guy who was restoring a 70 Cuda paid 25k for his, and that was without the trans.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts