Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which type would be correct to use? I want to adapt my valve covers so I can install the AN hose off my Vacuum Pump on them. Would I just use a Regular Bulk Head Fitting or maybe a Vented Fitting? Not sure if I am keeping the Control Relief Valve on the Vacuum Pump or install it on the Valve Cover.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
What type of valvecover? Mine are cast aluminum, so I just drilled a hole and tapped it with a 3/8npt tap and screwed a -10x3/8 fitting into it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Which type would be correct to use? I want to adapt my valve covers so I can install the AN hose off my Vacuum Pump on them. Would I just use a Regular Bulk Head Fitting or maybe a Vented Fitting? Not sure if I am keeping the Control Relief Valve on the Vacuum Pump or install it on the Valve Cover.

Thanks
Any AN fitting is ok but it should have a baffle. Star Machine has one with the baffle you just need to drill a hole in your valve cover. Don't forget if you are using the valve covers in the pictures you need to fill the existing hole.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Ford Racing valve covers already have a Baffel that screws on. Do I still need a Baffel An fitting too?

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
My Ford Racing valve covers already have a Baffel that screws on. Do I still need a Baffel An fitting too?
No/Maybe/Yes....I had those same valve covers originally and I think the problem you're gonna run into, is finding a fittings short enough on the inside to still screw the baffle on.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well if that becomes a problem, then I would just use the baffeled fitting with out the valve cover baffel installed then. Right?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
So what size AN fitting is needed to fit my holes on my valve covers? Not sure what size opening the holes are, but I guess they are 1 1/4"? Does that sound right? Do I need to get the -10An,-12AN, or the -16AN to fit into the existing holes on the valve covers? Or do I just drill a new hole on the side towards the front on the valve cover and add the Baffled fitting? What is Best and Works? How about posting some pics to better understand?

Thanks

·
Registered
806 Posts
A AN fitting bolted directly into the top of your valve cover with no baffle is probably going to draw too much oil. You need to have a good baffle or some kind of breather with a baffle. A standard breather hole is about 1.2" and would require at least a -16, which will cause plumbing nightmares. Those giant fittings are expensive!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So my Best bet is to drill new hole or holes for the -10an or -12an fittings on top of valve covers or maybe on the front sides? Then plug up existing holes on top with a Oil Fill on both? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I purchase the correct parts Once.

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is how we did the Monte Carlo. -12 on both covers to a catch can. Barely any oil in the catch can after 4 passes and a 15 mile drive.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
With those valve covers there are screw bosses on both ends so you can screw the baffles to the other ends. Then I drilled the hole for the AN fitting and had it welded on. Works great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts