Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys putting -an bulkheads in the covers? Are you removing the breather box, or leaving it in? Setup will be going to a GZ vac pump. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
pull vacuum from a valve cover, and bridge the 2 valve covers if you want. I was pulling almost a 1/4 qt of oil every run (and making a god damned mess under the hood from oil mist going through the breather on the catch can) when I was pulling from the front of the valley cover.

changed to valve cover and didnt get a bit of oil

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I pulled from the valley cover.

We put ours at the front and then welded the an fitting to a small extension to keep oil from splashing up into the vac pump. Works like a champ. Also make sure your line if at all possible runs uphill from the valley to the pump and combined it'll greatly decrease the mess lswonz28 above was talking about.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Ran mine off valve cover too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i was pulling around 1/4 qt per pass with it in the valley as well. moved it to the valve cover now no problems. fyi i also had my fitting boxed in and it still pulled oil like a mofo.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
i was pulling around 1/4 qt per pass with it in the valley as well. moved it to the valve cover now no problems. fyi i also had my fitting boxed in and it still pulled oil like a mofo.
Yep. I had a baffle too. And I packed stainless wool to demist the oil. Didn't work. Valve cover and I only pulled a few drops. I am running restricted pushrods so that may help

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I did a Moroso Vacuum Pump with a 7/8npt - 12an Bulkhead in the Valley Cover...
AEI CNC Valley Cover, custom baffles....no issues with pulling oil..

I was originally having big issues with pulling oil...
Just a 30 minute drive from my home to downtown for dinner and then 30 minutes back home and I was pulling out 8 oz of oil into my catch can setup...
at the track, one pass and I filled my catch can and overflowed it...obviously very bad..LOL

some thinking about it and design with cardboard...
and we ended up with this

I have an LQ9 block, so there no rear oil window...just the one in front...
these baffles have gotten me down to where I now only pull about 1teaspoon thru over 4 or 5 quarter mile passes at the track..

the moroso 3vein pump makes 17 InHg at WOT if I leave the relief valve fully closed...
I've backed it down to be 12 InHg at WOT...

I'll get some more pictures tomorrow at some point when I'm finished with some other work I'm doing...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts