Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've got a question about the AMS1000. Given that it monitors the pressure on top of the gate and not the manifold pressure. How would I set my desired boost lvl?

If I have a 9lb spring in the gate and I tell the controller to target lets say 2psi. Would that be meaning that it would be looking for 2psi to be getting to the manifold (I know 9 would be the min.?) Or does that mean that it's going to look for 2psi on top of the gate so it would be 9lb spring + 2psi making it a target of 11psi thats going to make it into the motor? Just trying to get this straight before I go out and over shoot the boost lvl I'm looking for. I just don't want to set it up thinking I'm looking for 15psi and go out to have it be 9lb spring + 15psi = 24psi

Thanks
Monty

·
Registered
86 Posts
The ams 1000, or any controller that i have seen can not make less boost then the spring in your wastegate.

I have been told to buy the weakest spring poss. for the wastegate, and let the controller do the rest.

hth

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys I've got a question about the AMS1000. Given that it monitors the pressure on top of the gate and not the manifold pressure. How would I set my desired boost lvl?

If I have a 9lb spring in the gate and I tell the controller to target lets say 2psi. Would that be meaning that it would be looking for 2psi to be getting to the manifold (I know 9 would be the minimum.) Or does that mean that it's going to look for 2psi on top of the gate so it would be 9lb spring + 2psi making it a target of 11psi thats going to make it into the motor? Just trying to get this straight before I go out and over shoot the boost lvl I'm looking for. I just don't want to set it up thinking I'm looking for 15psi and go out to have it be 9lb spring + 15psi = 24psi

Thanks
Monty

:cool::smt065

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
As i understand it (have an AMS 1000, car is almost ready) in your scenario it will apply 2 lbs to the top of the gate for a total of 11 lbs of boost. Now this is dependent on back presure and such and you may have to play with the exact amount on the top of the gate to achieve your desired boost level. Hope that helps...

·
Registered
426 Posts
As i understand it (have an AMS 1000, car is almost ready) in your scenario it will apply 2 lbs to the top of the gate for a total of 11 lbs of boost. Now this is dependent on back presure and such and you may have to play with the exact amount on the top of the gate to achieve your desired boost level. Hope that helps...

Hey!!! Somebody read the instructions!!! :party

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
:Kneel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts