Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help or understanding. I'm new to turbo. I had the controller set to ramp to 15psi, launched fine ran up to 13psi it shifted then dropped to 6 slowly after that. Ramp is set on time. Checked everywhere for leaks etc nothing. Made next pass ran perfect. Only difference between the 2 passes was the first pass the guy tried burning me down while on trans brake. Is there a timer I don't know about? Other ideas?

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
How many time segments/stages are you running?? I usually program the next to last stage to time out slightly longer then the run if I have to pedal it and use the last stage to blow down the pressure off the gates to help turbos slow down. There is more than one way to program them correctly. I am using the MSD Grid Boost Controller now and it works the same way basically but has unlimited time segments. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 stages. Total ramp 1.75 supposed to hold until it's reset from the instruction sheet or at least the way I read it.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
If you're new to the AMS, always verify what you programmed with the "view boost ramp" screen, if you made any weird errors it will be obvious.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was going to say the same thing about Viewing the boost ramp screen. This will show you at what time going down the track things are going to happen.

Something to keep in mind is, the times you put in the boost setup are accumlitive. So you need to look at the Ramp Screen to actually see what is going to happen.... Also you may have the setting for how long it takes to get to the next boost level set wrong...(I forget the name of it) low numbers take longer and high numbers get there faster.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
That's ramp rate. In my experience the last stage has to get you an equal or longer time than the run will take. Otherwise it will just take you to the end of the ramp and dump CO2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts